Delaware
Options

bridal and tuxedo shoppe HELP!

so.. I bought an amazing dress there few months ago. It was the floor model, (it is an Alfredo Angelo.. and discontinued model) It's been in the bag since I bought it and when I picked it up, I didn't inspect it throughly.

I took it out of the bag today, to show my grandmother.. and there is an orange stain on the train.. :( its small, and on the bottom, but the dress does not need to be taken up at all, so I don't know what to do.

I know they dont except returns.. but idk what their policy is on exchanges.. considering it's a dress that isnt made any more :(

Re: bridal and tuxedo shoppe HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would contact them immediately, and see what they say.  They may not take it back/exchange it, but they may offer to have the dress cleaned (which may take the stain out).

If it's possible and fits your schedule, I would take the dress in person and show up and ask to speak to the manager.  Granted it's a sample and they sold it to you as is, but any reputable dress shop would not sell a sample dress that is damaged/stained beyond repair (even Randy on SYTTD said so!).  If they sold it to you like that, and aren't willing to help you out in some way, then I would say you will not only let the brides on these boards know, but you will also post your experience to WeddingWire and contact the BBB.  Also, you could ask them if they can alter the train for free in such a way that they cut off the stain; that way it's settled.

In terms of it being discontinued, what dress number is it?  Have you checked the AA website to see if there is another dress that is similar?  You never know what may come up...  As for replacing it, can I ask how much you paid for the sample?  You might be able to sell it on here/Craigslist/etc if they won't help you out (there's always someone who could use it, even the HS's drama clubs), recoup some of that money, and then we can help you find a store to head to and replace with another dress.

If nothing else, I am truly sorry that this happened to you; like I said, while you did buy a sample as is, they also sold you a product that is damaged beyond repair and a reputable shop would never have done that.  I would play on that angle (in person, if you can; it adds more weight to your claim), and see where it goes from there. If nothing else, you may be able to contact an in-home seamstress (like Elaine Morgan) who doesn't cost much, and have her cut the train so the stain is removed; she isn't that expensive to begin with, so hopefully it won't be that hard to fix. I am so sorry this happened to you!

Also, can you post pictures on here, and maybe we can give you ideas on what to do (in terms of covering it up), where to go, to get the stain out?  Depending on where it is and what the bottom looks like (trim, lace, etc), we may be able to give you some ideas!
  • Options
    khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted them...they don't open until 11. Just hoping someone on here could give me some peace of mind, ya know?

it IS a small stain, but its bright orange.. and it's right on the end of the dress.. already inside the hem line. Thing is there is beading ALL the way around the outside of the dress, and they told me at the store if I were to get it altered it would be taken in from somewhere else on the dress because of all of the beading. Lucky me.. the stain is in the one square inch of the dress there is no beading...

I feel like a complete DUMBASS for not looking at the dress more carefully when i bought it. (To be fair, they really didnt tell me i was getting the floor model until they were putting it in the bag and putting it in the back...)

I did look at the AA website... its not there and I'm not sure of the model number off of the top of my head.. but there are a few similar dresses on their website. I'm going to take it there... probably this weekend (since my dress isbeing stored in maryland..) but I'm going to call them back when they open today.

I have an entire year until my wedding.. so it's not an EMERGENCY, but still.. I bought the dress, redid the budget because the dress came in UNDER budget, assigned that money elsewhere..... and it's already gone.. so in order for me to get a dress in the next six to seven months.... UGH!

I'm probably (and hopefully) blowing it out of proportion... This is like the millionth thing this month that has completley gone to hell with this wedding :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards