Delaware

10-02-10 weather!

Okay, so we're still 11 days out, but AccuWeather.com has had the extended forecast for October 2nd for a few days now.  I've been watching it and it looks like we're in for a bit of cool down, as each time they update the forecast, it gets cooler.

As of today it says "Abundant sunshine" with a high of 66.  I'm wondering if I should plan ahead and get some sort of wrap.  My dress is strapless and while neither the ceremony or reception are outside, we'll be taking pictures outside at the park.

Re: 10-02-10 weather!

• edited December 2011
    I am actually thrilled that it is going to be cooler- hopefully that means I won't sweat under my dress and have it running down my legs (TMI, I know)!

FI looked it up last night on his phone and it said 71 and partly cloudy, so I don't know- I would wait until it gets a little closer to make the decision of getting a wrap.

This is my personal opinion, but I think you won't need one, even if it is 66.  You will be running around having fun, dancing, too giddy and in love to notice the weather.  But that's just me.  For me, I will only be outside for pictures- everything else is really inside.

Though I might take a coat with me when we drop stuff off at the hall.  My dad is doing a cigar bar (of course I will join in- can't let the men have all the fun) and later at night it might be cooler, and if I will be outside with a cigar, I don't want to freeze!!!
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the only thing I was worried about was standing around while different pictures were being taken.  Otherwise, we'll be inside the rest of the day.  I guess I'll wait until it gets a little closer to see how the temps change.

But I'm excited for cooler weather as well!

• edited December 2011
    I had a friend ask me if I wanted her to knit me a wedding shawl, and I had considered knitting one myself (yeah..I knit.. a lot) but since I'm getting married the first week in July... I BETTER NOT need a shawl!!! lol.  I agree with MBR though.... I think you'll be fine.  You might need something for the morning running around, but by the time the actual ceremony and stuff starts.. you'll most likely be fine.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    MBR:  How do you go about having a cigar bar?  I thought about having one because my ceremony/reception is at a former tobacco plantation and I thought it would be perfect!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Actor- I agree with having something while having your hair done, etc.  My sister/MOH gave me a zipup hoodie that has "bride" on the left chest and "Mrs. FILastName" near the bottom of the back (it hits right at my butt, hehe).  She did the wording she did so that I can wear it again (versus putting soon-to-be Mrs, etc).  It will make for some great photo
    FYI, for those who might be interested, she got it at Unique Impressions (on N. College Ave in Newark), but CustomizedGirl also does them (they are online, and you can sign up for their emails).  I like them over others because they do have some plus size items, while many other places don't. 

Soontobe- my dad is really into cigars, I would call him an afficiando.  He goes to a particular place (down in Rehoboth), and only buys from them.  Do you know anyone who is really into cigars?  Not someone who buys the cheap ones at the 7 11, but someone who really is into them, who knows his stuff?  I would suggest talking to them.  I don't know the good cigar stores around here, since dad only buys from the place in Rehoboth (I can get you the name if you want it).

For the bar, what we did is asked the hall to place a table by the doors (we have doors in the back of the ballroom that go outside).  Dad bought cases of different cigars (including lady ones, yes they have them!  They are flavored), and we will place the different cigars on the table.  Then people can choose what they want, and go outside and smoke it. 

Don't do a cigar roller or have a company do it/set it up.  You want to do something like this yourself, because you want to make sure you are getting quality cigars.  Go someplace reputable, and get different kinds.  If you have someone who is into cigars, really into them, take them along- you want to make sure you are getting decent cigars and not getting ripped off.  Just set up a table with a white cloth on it, and place the boxes on it.  If you want to label the types, you can, but it's not necessary.  Also, don't place them out until right before the reception starts, and if you have a humidor or access to one, I would put them in there.

If you need anymore help, or want the name of that place, let me know.  It's really simple to do!  Another thing I would suggest, if you can get away with it, is to have some sort of after dinner drink to go with the cigars- drambuie is a popular one, whiskey, bourbon, etc.  something that guys sip while smoking the cigars.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!!  I'm definetly going to look into it.  My dad and uncle (his brother) LOVE cigars and I think they would look so classy at the wedding.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My ceremony is outside so the thought of rain for me is very scarey.  I do have an indoor back-up plan but getting married outside means alot to us so it would be slightly dissapointing. I plan on getting a shawl. I found one in Walmart for $5 which I have plans on going back for. You never know if you may need it.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll tell you what..I got married on 10/11 and the high was 60 degrees.  I didn't need a shawl at all.  You are going to be so pumped up/ full of adrenaline on your wedding day that I think you will be fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards