Delaware
Options

Weekend Plans?

Brits right the boards been slow lately. My guess is we're all so busy with other stuff this month. So what everyone's plans this weekend?

Tonight I'm going to a show at the Electric Factory with my DH. Tomorrow I'm coverting my kitchen into a cookie factory...I'll be rolling, pressing and baking all day. Sunday I'm hoping to do a little more shopping, some laundry and more thank-you cards which I'm planning to send with my Christmas cards to save on postage.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're Christmas shopping this weekend. I know, call us crazy. Hopefully, I'll have all my Internet shopping done this weekend too! And we hit the exact one year mark today, so we'll be trying to nail down our location & Dj this weekend. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice!  Who's playing at the E Factory tonight??

Tonight is job #2.. until 11... so I'm not the happiest of people today, but oh well.  I get to sleep in tomorrow, so it'll be fine.

Tomorrow is my Christmas party with my mom's family.  We do this white elephant exchange every year, and it's always a lot of fun.  This year I got one of the giant Yankee Candles in "Egg Nog" that my one cousin has already claimed... I think if someone takes it from her she's going to cut them.  We're supposed to bring appetizers... but I REALLY don't feel like cooking, so I'm just picking up a few dozen wings from Seasons.  I was thinking 60.  60 wings for 35 people when a few of them won't touch the wings is good, right???

Sunday.... working again.  As per usual. 

BUT I did finish most of my Christmas shopping on Thursday!  I made out like a bandit. The only person I have left to shop for is my FG.  And that's IT. Done!  And I have to wrap it all...
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today/Tonight- GYM must go! Then heading down to the beach. FI's sister is in Virginia for a training for two weeks. So we are spending the weekend with her since she is normally in San Diego. We havent seen her since her wedding in May so she hasnt seen the ring yet :D

Saturday: At the beach so going to go to the outlets and try to finish up my/FI's Christmas shopping.

Sunday- heading home at some point. but LOTs of football. I plan to do nothing really and enjoy it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think tonight will be spent cleaning up the house and decorating.  Hubby is away for the weekend at a basketball tournament, which is actually good because I get more done when he's not home!

Tomorrow, my sister, her husband, and their kids, plus my mom are coming down to visit and we're going to the National Harbor to see the ICE! exhibit.  This year's exhibit is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

From the website:
    http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/christmas-on-the-potomac/ice-experience/index.html?intcmp=gn-pl=tsr-cid=cotp-ice

ICE! is created by dozens of artisans who will migrate to the D.C. area from Harbin, China to craft this elaborate attraction out of nearly 2 million pounds of ice. It takes them nearly an entire month of 12-hour shifts to transform the refrigerated tent where the exhibit is held into a remarkable icy wonderland.

The ICE! attraction consists of jaw-dropping creations - extraordinary works of art displayed in sparkling walk-through vistas. Some of the sculptures are comprised of colored ice blocks, yielding brilliant tones and deep hues for highlights and accents. Others are illuminated internally by some of the exhibit's 1,400 specially designed LED tube lights, evoking the ice lanterns of old. Yet others are engineered to support the presence of thousands of visitors over the exhibit's lifespan.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Working, working, and more working!  I need a new job!  But also going to FIs parent's house to help decorate their Chrismas tree and probably just being lazy and cleaning my house.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight I'm finishing up cleaning the house and doing some more decorating.
    Tomorrow FI and I are going to Hershey Park for Christmas Candylane (so excited).  We will probably also go to Hobby Lobby which I love. 

Sunday... Football and shopping for our annual Christmas Party which is next weekend. 

Also looking forward to seeing FI for four straight days, this is unual with his schedule but it is his long weekend.  Can't wait!

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chemistry---where is there a Hobby Lobby??  I always go to Michaels or AC Moore when I need crafts (but I go to Stitches With Style for yarn...not that I have any extra money for yarn these days!)

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Hobby Lobby in Lebanon PA and in Bethleham PA or somewhere up near there. 

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recovering --  We only go to the one in Lebanon when were are up that way, but we really love that store so we make the trip every couple of months or so.  Hobby Lobby is amazing.  If you get the chance you should definitely check it out.  We spent like 3 hrs there the last time we went.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG....I was so excited to recently find out there is a Hobby Lobby about 20 minutes from my house.  I cannot wait to go check it out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a Hobby Lobby :(

Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to the Giant Asss kitchen sale that is happening both Saturday and Sunday.  They will have high end stuff like Emile Henry, Cusipro, and other high end stuff (think all the stuff that is sold in Williams-Sonoma).  Here is a link for others who may want to go.  We are looking for Christmas presents for the hubster.  This stuff is really high end, at close out amazing prices:

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/secondhelpings/2010/12/01/new-castle-warehouse-kitchenwares-sale-is-dec-10-11/

Also on the schedule this weekend:  Church, Youth Group, finish the chores, give the dog a bath/haircut, and bring over my dresser from my mom's (FINALLY!).
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just remember there is another Hobby Lobby in Chambersburg PA too.

Dibsontop -- where is the one located near you?  I wonder if that is closer than the PA locations.

It is like Michael's on steroids.  Amazing selection and most of the prices are great.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The one near me is in Laurel, MD.  There's another one in Columbia, MD.

Wilmington is probably about equal distance between the Laurel, Columbia, and Lebanon stores though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Next time I go up to Bethlehem I'll have to check it out. I went to college up in that area, and we still have friends in Bethlehem.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhh, i totally want to go to hobby lobby now!
    well, i know i'm a bit late, but i work on the weekends...but we did get our tree up and decorated and lights in the windows on saturday and i did a little xmas shopping tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards