Delaware
Options

Wedding Cake Help!

Our wedding cake is included in our reception package which is great except we have to stick with one of their perferred bakers. We can choose from Desserts by Dana, Liz Marden and Cannon's. We tasted Desserts by Dana and it was good but I thought it was a little on the expensive side. Our reception package pays up to a certain amount per person. Anything over that we have to pay. Any suggestions between Desserts by Dana, Cannons, or Liz Marden?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Cake Help!

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    usually the catering package covers the cake itself & a minimal design. & then u pay for added design & fondant (if u choose)

if u like Dana's i'd have a consult & see how much the added would be. most bakeries are roughly about the same prices.
  • Options
    meastburnmeastburn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I tried Desserts by Dana at one of the bridal shows and it was delicious. Cannons is delicious too and might be a little less expensive (I only say that because Dana was the winner of that cake competition on the food network).

I agree though, if you like Desserts by Dana, I would definitely do a consult with them.
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liz's is incredible.  I have always loved her cake, and I don't even like cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ha. Perfect. My two choices that I wanted for cake was between dana and cannons. I called DBD, and had to leave a message b/c no one was answering. For 3 days. A week later, I received a phone call back from a girl who couldn't tell me half of the flavors/fillings, etc. I was given the pricing, ($500 for 100 ppl, pretty basic cake, buttercream icing.) FI and I talked it over and we decided to use them. I called... left 4 messages in 2 weeks, sent two emails, and NEVER heard back from them. Never. 

A friend reminded me of Cannons- I emailed them, received an email within 12 hours with a ton of info, and then went into the shop to order. It was kind of busy, but we were given full attention. Our cake there? $350 with 3 different types of fillings, (the top layer is free) buttercream icing, three different designs, and delivery. (Extra $25 because of the reception being out of New Castle County)

I used to host birthday parties at a chuck E cheese type place and cannon's were always the most amazing tasting cakes. Main reason I picked them. :)

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I say Cannon's, they are good at listening and getting you want you want and are decently priced. Visit their website or e-mail them.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We had a consult with Dana's and the cake that we want (nothing crazy - 4 tiers .. pretty normal) would be $7.50 a person. We would have to pay about $600 over what is included with our package plus a $50 delivery fee. I don't know if I can justify spending $650 on a cake even if he was on that show.....

I haven't called Cannon's yet but my wedding coordinator told me that their cakes are usually $3.50-$5.00 a person. My co-worker just got married and used Cannon's and her cake was beautiful and delicious.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any strong feelings towards any of the above. My FSIL used Dana for her wedding, my co-worker used Cannon's and my brother used Liz so I was torn! haha

I think I'm going to email Cannon's. That $350 INCLUDING delivery really caught my interest. Thanks for your help everyone!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cannon's is delicious and included in my package as well. I originally was going to get them because they had beautiful designs, a great price ($2.75 per person) and delicious cake. Dana's (last time I asked them) was $6 per person for buttercream and $7 for fondant. At first I really wanted a Dana's cake but I saw the stencilling up close and was kind of disappointed. 

The designs are all included in the prices for Cannon's. We only paid $20 extra for special fillings and different flavors per layer. 
    They have great piping work. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards