Delaware

Anyone Shopped at Anastasia's on Rt 202?

I have driven by Anastasia's on 202 in N Wilmington (where the old Storehouse Furniture was) and was wondering if anyone had shopped there, and what your experience was.  It's only been there a short time, but I don't know if they moved from another location.  I haven't started dress shopping yet (way too far out) but I'd be leery of shopping at a store that isn't well established after hearing horror stories of brides left without dresses when stores suddenly close their doors. 
They have a link to reviews on WeddingWire on their website and a Best of DE 2008 award on their website, so it appears they've been in business at least since then.  I think the fact that they are attached to a check cashing place is giving it a "fly by night" feel, which is probably unfair.
Anyone have experience with them?  Just curious to hear some opinions.

Re: Anyone Shopped at Anastasia's on Rt 202?

• edited December 2011

Funny. I just drove past this tonight and thought it looked like a nice store. haha! I didn't go there. I didn't notice it until I had already purchased my dress elsewhere but they have a Facebook page and there seems to be a lot of happy people commenting on there. There's also a bunch of pictures of their "new location" so I'm assuming that they've been around for awhile. Here's a link to their page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anastasias-Bridal-Salon/162939793721466

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll check that out. 
  • Court579atuscCourt579atusc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a bridesmaids dress from Anastsia's over a year ago. They used to be located in Greenville and moved up to 202 about six months ago. I would imagine the reason for their move was how $$ rent is in Greenville especially with stores like Peter Kate. I wouldn't worry about them closing up shop, I am a little surprised they picked that spot though. However, that being said I didn't have a great experience there. They woman who helped us was rude and condescending. Many of the measurements were wrong, my dress was so big I had to switch with another girl who ordered a size smaller and still had to take it in. I would highly recommend Jennifer's in Hockessin, they are beyond nice and though they have moved recently too, it was only a couple doors down. If you're on a budget I would also recommend Fantasia's on 202. They have a huge selection and great prices. I got my bridesmaid dresses from here and they were perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards