Delaware

Suggestions for Hair & Make-Up New Castle County

Looking for some reccomendations for hair and makeup in New Castle County..Newark/Wilmington area.  I go to Town & Country regularly and was thinking about having it all done there but haven't been able to find anyone else who has gone there to get feedback-anyone out there used them?

Any other reccomendations in the area?

THANKS!

Re: Suggestions for Hair & Make-Up New Castle County

• JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been there but I hear good things. Trilogy is another place that is very comparable. I hear great things about both places.
  • edited December 2011
    I lovelovelove trilogy... I think they do a fantastic job!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I TOTALLY DITTO Trilogy!  Jeremy is AMAZING.  I have pictures of my hair and makeup trial, I plan on getting them uploaded to my bio later on today or tomorrow (it's not perfect, but you get the idea of what he's going to do- hence it being a trial!).  Apparently, he does do weddings on the side, and he can come to locations (it's more expensive, obvi).  If you have five ppl getting hair done (including bride), the bride's make up is free.  If you have 8 ppl total, you get free breakfast trays and beverages.  If you have 10 ppl total, you get the trays and brides hair and makeup are free.

I actually am not a fan of Town and Country; I feel too much like I am on an assembly line, and the hairdressers I always got didn't talk to me, chopped my hair, and ran off.  Jeremy isn't like that at all!  My mom, her friend from work, and a good number of young people I know go there as well.

Another one that is popular for wedding hair is Gloss Salon on Main Street; Mrs.Lura had her hair and makeup done there, and it was beautiful.
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Sherif Zaki too.  It depends on what you are looking for.  I will probably have Cindy Siner (Dylan Michael) do mine and the bridal party onsite. 
  • carrieglbrtcarrieglbrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST GLOSS SALON AS WELL-WEDDINGS ARE THERE SPECIALTY, NICE PEOPLE TOO!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I used Gloss Salon on Main Street in Newark.  They come to you for your wedding, however, my venue only allowed us to get there an hour before the ceremony so Gloss was gracious to open their doors on Sunday just for me and my bridal party (they are usually closed on Sundays).  I went with Gloss Salon because my SIL used them for her wedding 3 years ago when they worked out of their home (salon only opened last year).  I loved my hair and makeup then so it was one of the first vendors I booked after becoming engaged in May 2008.  Lauren did my hair (loved it!) and Jon did my makeup (and he's super cute too!).  they always play great music and offered us wine and other beverages as we waited.  They now have a spa attached to the salon as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    Just like MBR I definitely have to show my love for Trilogy! Jeremy has been doing my hair for years and will of course be doing my hair for my wedding. He is fabulous! He just has this eye for updos (and formal styles...he did my hair and make-up for my engagement pics as well.) I think I have convinced 10 ladies to get their hair and/or make-up done the day of my wedding so that I get my hair and make-up done for free (woohoo...saves me about $130!) I've been to Trilogy as a Bridesmaid as well and didn't have Jeremy (*tear), but it turned out great. Highly recommend!
    ~Jenn Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizpet83lizpet83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards