Delaware

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone has/had a great Christmas!

Any awesome gifts anyone would like to share? FI got me gorgeous diamond earrings, a VS gift card, Heavenly perfume, & a hard drive for my computer. Everything I asked for:) Dad got me a B. Makowsky purse that I'm in looove with...
Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Merry Christmas!

• edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas (a day late)!

How was everyone's day? We bounced from house to house, but it was a good day for our first Christmas :) 

Santa was really good to me this year!  I got the Willow Tree Nativity set that I wanted so badly, a red Wii (with a PINK Wii-mote...Gosh I love my husband!), a Nook (the one thing I asked for over and over), and the breadmaker I wanted!  Plus some other items.  I pretty much got everything I asked for- and now with the snow, I can play Wii with the hubby!

DH got lots of clothes for work, board games, his Xbox360, games for that, movies, and tons of cooking stuff- including Emile Henry pie plates, baking dishes (8x8 and 9x13), and his marble pastry board that he wanted so badly!
  • edited December 2011
    MBR--you're going to love your Nook.  It's my favorite toy!

From Gzilla... I got perfume (kate spade's twirl), Firefly & Serenity on bluray, Sims 3 for PS3, and this really beautiful picture with a poem.  It's a photo of us from a wedding last year, and we'll update it to one of our wedding photos later.  And the poem was something that they read to us during our Engaged Encounter weekend... and it makes me cry.  I can't read it out loud without crying.

A good marriage is a lifetime of hands. It's a shaking hand sliding a shiny gold band on to the finger of another shaking hand. It's an anxious hand tugging on a suddenly shy hand. It's hands touching in sudden tenderness, or swinging together down a crowded street, or fingers interlocking in the darkness of a theater. It's expressive hands: the playful pat on the fanny, the beckoning wave, the rumpled hair, the "Help me please" gesture.... It's two ecstatic hands being grasped by tiny brand new hands. It's hurrying hands setting dinner for hungry hands. It's an optimistic hand patting a discouraged hand. It's a panicky hand clutching a calm hand. It's a proud hand introducing an embarrassed hand. It's joyous hands grabbing happy hands -- and sharing sadness with a touch. It's healthy hands holding sick hands. It's hands joining in prayer. And finally, It's a shaking hand sliding a dull gold band off the finger of a very still hand.

We also got a new computer from my dad, which is awesome because I have had the same computer since my senior year of college.  And Gzilla's computer is more than a decade old.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Umm... we're working that poem in to our ceremony now. I looove it. And that was so sweet of him to do that for you!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwww that poem is so sweet!!! :( i teared. haha.

Glad everyone had a merry christmas!! DH and I didn't exchange gifts this year due to the money sapping wedding! However, I feel so fulfilled at the moment that there's nothing else I could possibly want! I'll save it for valentine's! hahaha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards