Delaware

Cannons vs sweets to you

I'm possibly considering both of them.. any ladies have any experience with either? 

Re: Cannons vs sweets to you

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweets to u did my sister's cake. it's really good. but if u limit the price, they can skimp on the decorating a bit. not by much though. overall a good deal.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah.. they have amazing cakes.. and the design I want really isn't much.. maybe another tier.. just in case.. but if you enlarge it.. there are itty bitty white dots. LOVE it. Its so simple but beautiful at the same time!
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure for wedding cakes but we ordered a sheet cake recently and it was really dry and bland at Cannons.  Have you considered Cakes by Liz (?). Her name is Liz and she is based in Hockession. Not sure of actual name.  Her flavors are wonderful
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, I didnt know about her, I'll look her up in the morning! 
    I've never had a cake from cannons, but I've heard really good things about them. 

I know gingers work.. my family has kept her busy over the years.. I'm pretty sure a few parties were just an excuse for the cake lol
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Cakes by Kim?  Even though our reception hall gives us our cake by her, if they hadn't, I would have opted out and gone with her anyway, that's how much I love her stuff.

Now, most people don't agree, but I think Ginger's work is just okay.  Don't get me wrong, they are good cake, and would be a good choice for a wedding cake.  But for me, her stuff doesn't wow me, doesn't knock my socks off.  We have her cakes for the celebrations at my pools (mostly swim team stuff, since that's what we help out with), so I have had it multiple times over the last few years.  Like I said, it's definitely better than your grocery store or the like, but in my opinion, Cakes by Kim is better.

Cannon's is decent, as well.  They did my grandparent's 50th cake, and most of the Knottie weddings I have been to were either Cannon's or Bings (another name you might look into).

I think if you went with either of the four I listed here (Cakes by Kim, Ginger, Cannon's, or Bings), you are going to get a good cake; it's just a preference of which type you think is better.  I would stick with one of those four though.  What about your hall; do they give you a cake, or a choice of a place to go?
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sweet's to you by....Ginger...LOVE HER!  My cake was so yummy!  My BM and I got a sugar high after our tasting.  What I really like about her service is that she gives you a certificate to get your top layer re-created for your one year anniversary, free of charge!  I seriously can't wait till October, just to get my cake again.  :)  Ginger truly is a sweetheart....she let my DH and I pick whatever we wanted for free when we dropped our cake topper off the week before our wedding.

I too have had cakes by Cannon's (blah in my opinion though they did my dads 50th bday cake 12 years ago), and Bings (so yummy). 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you ladies are wonderful! I'm babysitting my cousin all weekend, I so I ill be doing my research and calling some bakeries! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards