Delaware
Options

Help with Delaware Geography!

I am thinking of booking the Indian River Life-Saving Station for the ceremony...but I'm not sure if I want it for the reception.  I don't know Delaware enough to search for venues for the reception.  We are open to the type (nothing to fancy, we are going for a simple theme).  We would like to find a place that maybe isn't normally used for wedding receptions...or a place where we could have a barbeque...or just a hotel with a nice ballroom.  We are open to a lot of different options.  Any suggestions for a pretty low budget?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with Delaware Geography!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Theres a place in Dewey beach that does receptions that is about 5 minutes from Indian River.  I believe its called Venus on the Half Shell
    Also in Millsboro about 15 minutes away is the Cordrey center.
      http://www.thecordreycenter.com/
  • Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also was going to mention the Cordrey Center.  We are having our reception there this Sepember.  They have an outdoor BBQ available for use on their patio and I believe they are building a wedding garden that should be available this summer for use also.  So far they have been really good to work with. 

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Also, look at the hotels on the Rehoboth Boardwalk. Salero is in the Henlopen Hotel, and it's a really unique reception place. Looks more like  a restaurant, on the top floor of the hotel, so it has a great view. I think the other hotels have restaurants/ballrooms that you can use as well, such as the atlantic sands, maybe, or the Boardwalk Plaza. There is a beautiful site at Baywoods golf course as well. Nassau Vineyard is pretty. Bethany Blues restaurant in Lewes also has a space big enough for a reception. They're BBQ and I think lower-priced. We're having our reception dinner there. Hope this helps!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, I will make sure to check these places out! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I live in Rehoboth Beach, if you want something different, definitely go with the Life Saving Station! It's an AWESOME venue..it's my sister's dream location!  I'm having my wedding at the Atlantic Sands in downtown Rehoboth, they have been amazing to work with. Our wedding is in December so we were rather limited as most places have an outside component but we couldn't be happier with the Sands!  We didn't love Salero, we thought the set up was awkward and they say they can have more people by putting tables on the dance floor.  Nassau Vineyards is really pretty and there is a new vineyard in Felton (kinda far from the beach - west of Dover) called Pizzadilly that is gorgeous! I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it! Let me know if you have any questions, I live down here and am planning a wedding now too! I have pretty much looked into every reception site in town!  Good luck! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go into Salisbury, MD, we just attended a wedding at the Fountains not too long ago, and it was BEAUTIFUL.  The food was delicious, the venue was gorgeous, it was really an awesome wedding.
  • Options
    scalhoun125scalhoun125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i also ahve a friend that got married on the beach and had her reception at the life saving station and loved it!!!
    definitely casual...sand between your toes :)
    I saw the photos of her wedding and reception and the venue looked awesome!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The more I think about it, I think I would like the reception at the life-saving station...we could keep it casual and just have fun with our friends and family!  I'm still researching! :)  Thanks for your input, it really means a lot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hhmichellehhmichelle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also considering the LIfe-Saving Station. It looks like such a perfect location. Do you know any details on what it costs to reserve it?
  • Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    somewhere around milton is a lavendar farm. that would probably be really pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards