Delaware

My very first check!

So I am pleased to announce FI and I have our very first checks!!!!

My dad finally came over with a great budget worked out and really surprised me.  He is being so much more generous than I had expected and I am so grateful for everything he is helping us with.

Second....we found our venue!!! We walked into the Clarion Belle in New Castle and both looked at each other with huge smiles.  it couldnt be more perfect and exactly what we are looking for.  We go on Thursday to sign the contract for March 16, 2013.

Thank you girls so much for your suggestions because without you girls suggesting this place, I wouldnt have ever even known about it.  Even my family that is from the area didnt know about it.  It must be Delawares best kept secret.  Thank you girls so much and I am so excited to have my first check!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My very first check!

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!!!! I say checks because you have a better budget anddddd a great venue. WooHoo!  :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the checks!  believe it or not, they'll get even better as u go along! ^_^
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!  What's next on your list?

• kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hm...next on this list?  Next is not thinking about anything wedding until summer is over! haha  but I know that wont happen.  I just feel like I have such a long time that I'm not really sure whats next.  I have been looking at some dresses but certainly not with the intent on buying anything, just looking for ideas.  I think next on the list is getting together the guest list and setting a definite number of people.  FI thinks he needs to invite everyone he's ever met and I'm fine with just my family (which is huge anyways).  But my dad is paying for the entire reception/ceremony so we need to figure out how many people he's planning to invite as well.  So i guess that is next up...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!  Another Clarion bride :)  You can actually thank MY DAD for that one, because I didn't even know about it until he mentioned it to me.  The thing that really sealed it for me was that huge built in bar in the corner of the gold ballroom.  I love that bar. 

We have our tasting on March 7... so I'll let you know how it goes! It will be the first time Gzilla (my FI) will see the space. 

When you're figuring out how many people you're inviting... don't forget to add 21% for gratuity.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RA- yea I definetely had no idea about this place before you mentioned it but FI was absolutely in love with the size of their bar.  And I cant believe the size of the ballroom in general.  Its gorgeous and not too "loud" like other ballrooms we've looked at.

Since my dad is paying for our reception, I took him to dinner in their restaraunt Saturday and the manager showed him the ballroom afterwards.  The food was really delicious and the wedding coordinator told us they would be the same chef's that would cater the wedding as well.  So impressed and my dad is really loving the spot too.  Apparently, my cousin got married their about 10 years ago before they rennovated so she is excited we want to get married their as well.  I just cant get over how affordable it is and all they have to offer compared to other places in the area.  Oh, I am so in love....2013 cant come soon enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards