Delaware

Thanksgiving Plans

Where are you going?

Are you bringing anything?

What food are you looking forward to the most?

The least?
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: Thanksgiving Plans

• edited December 2011
    Where are you going?  I have to work until 2 (boo) but after that, plans haven't been finalized yet.  We are a last minute bunch.

Are you bringing anything?  I usually bring my homemade baked mac-n-cheese.

What food are you looking forward to the most?  I heart stuffing and turkey and cranberry chutney, and pumpkin pie, and (can you see where I'm going here?  I love Thanksgiving!)

The least? I love all the food but I don't like having to work that day.  At least it gets me out of cooking! :)
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you going? We go to his aunt's house around noon, then to my grandmothers around 3 (yes, two meals!)

Are you bringing anything? DH is all about baking, so we do the apple pies.  I think I am going to make Cinnamon bread too :)

What food are you looking forward to the most? I love it ALL- Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole (note: it's not the usual marshmellow stuff, it's way different, and the only way I will touch sweet potatoes!), Brussel Sprouts (yes I eat them!), Mashed Potatoes, Frozen Salad (no, not the green stuff, it's made with cream!), and of course APPLE PIE!

The least? I am not big on the meat, though I eat it.  Turkey just isn't my big thing.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you going?  Dinner this year will be at my sister's house in Wilmington.  Then on our way home to Annapolis, we'll stop in Middletown for dessert at DH's sister's house.

Are you bringing anything?  Most likely I'll make a cheesecake for my sister's house.  I haven't decided what to bring to SILs.

What food are you looking forward to the most?  None really.  I like mashed potatoes, but only if my mom makes them.  Otherwise, maybe some pie.

The least? All of it!  I hate Thanksgiving!  I hate most foods so the idea of tables full of food I won't eat really doesn't appeal to me.  I'm just looking forward to seeing my family and hopefully showing off my wedding pictures!

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you going?

This year is different - usually it is at FI's parents house. but this year we are having it at his brothers house and we are merging his sister in laws family with my FI's family. it is going to be very crowded and a bit weird since I don't know all of her family.

I am bringing corn casserole. I haven't had it since my mom made it the last thanksgiving i spent with her which was when i was 15. So I'm pretty excited. I just hope it tastes alright!

my corn casserole lol. and stuffing... but mostly - my favorite part about thanksgiving is turkey sandwiches for the whole week after!!

The least?

I am soooo worried about vomiting someplace other than the bathroom - wayyyyyyy too many people and not enough bathrooms! ughhhhhh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you going? To my uncle's house. (Step uncle? Something like that.) After I'm done work, of course. Yep. I love retail. Working from 7-12.
    Are you bringing anything? Green bean casserole and probably an apple pie.
    What food are you looking forward to the most? Turkey, cranberries, stuffing, green bean casserole... I love thanksgiving dinner.
    The least? This weird asian salad that my grandmother makes. it's kinda funky.

Edited because apparently I couldn't read the word 'food' in the second to last question.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you going?
    This year we're going to the FIL's house

I am, but I haven't decided yet.  Most likely I'm making pumpkin soup... I'll have to see if they need anything else.

FMIL's sweet potato casserole

The least?
    I really don't like stuffing... FI does... but I think its gross.  Unless it's on a Bobbie.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
    edited December 2011
    What's a Bobbie??

• ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you going?
    We'll be driving out to Ohio on Wed to be with FI's family.  My family doesn't get together for Thanksgiving.  Christmas is our big deal.
    A pile of stones.  Seriously...FI thinks his dad or bro will use them.  But foodwise, no. 
    His sister makes this AMAZING pink jello salad that I LOVE.  Last year, I ate it for dessert, I loved it so much!
    The least?
    The drive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_thanksgiving-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:7de461d6-f6c4-4a59-8efc-c00ae02e7352Post:bc27c116-b979-48d6-b9f7-65c3f953ab8d">Re: Thanksgiving Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a Bobbie??
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE]

A bobbie is the most delicious sub on the planet!!  It is fresh shredded turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo on a sub roll.  Out of this world delicious!!!  Its a huge local favorite here.  I recommend you get on STAT!

Bonus:  They're sold all year long!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_thanksgiving-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:7de461d6-f6c4-4a59-8efc-c00ae02e7352Post:f470484b-3198-4be5-bedd-25ef271348a3">Re: Thanksgiving Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanksgiving Plans : A bobbie is the most delicious sub on the planet!!  It is fresh shredded turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo on a sub roll.  Out of this world delicious!!!  Its a huge local favorite here.  I recommend you get on STAT! Bonus:  They're sold all year long!
    Posted by soontobeschooley[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess since I don't eat stuffing, cranberry sauce, or mayo, that explains why I've never heard of them! 

• cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you going?
    To my family in upstate NY. We were too up in the air for a while which meant we missed out on tickets from FI's mom and dad to go out to San Diego to see his sister and her new house.

Haha just christmas presents home to store. yes i bought a BUNCH today at Macys one day sale. food wise ill probably help though.

LOVEEE Mashed potatos! but stuffing is sooo good too.

The least?
    mom always does cranberry in a can and she is the ONLY one that ever eats it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards