Delaware
Options

fabulous find at the goodwill! woot!

So I wanted to use milkglass vases for my centerpieces. I went to the Goodwill on Kirkwood Hwy yesterday and hit the jackpot!!!!

I spent $16.50 and I got 9 milkglass vases, 2 clear vases, 2 little vase things that are clear with a tarnished silver border and 2 tarnished silver trays.

I want to find some more trays and I am going to mix the milkglass with clear vases.

I'm soooo excited!! Especially since milkglass can be expensive depending on where you get them!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: fabulous find at the goodwill! woot!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you mentioned it! One of my coworkers is the manager there and told me to stop in... that they usually have a bunch of glass vases! I'll be heading down there in the next few days...

Don't check Newark's Goodwill. They only had two yesterday that were chipped.
  • Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great find! You really know its meant to be when everything starts coming together!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodwill was my BEST FRIEND when i was in college and needed props for directing class!!  I've actually had some good finds at the Goodwill in Philadelphia Pike in Claymont.  I was looking specifically for a red trenchcoat (so that I could be Carmen SanDiego for Halloween) and they had exactly that! And it was $15, and in good condition!  I've used it for non-costume purposes as well.  It's my "Christmas coat" now.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good info on the Newark Goodwill. I will have to check out the one in Claymont. Thanks ladies!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget the one right over the PA line going towards Chadds Ford. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah Mrs. Lura... that one usually has some good stuff b/c it's in a ritzier area... :) We also drive out to the Delco area when we're looking for higher end stuff at the lower price. (Swarthmore... etch)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check the one in Dover.

We have gotten all the glassware for the candy buffet from either Goodwill, consignment shops (both in Dover); yard sales, and former Knotties selling.  We have oh God, at least 30 containers, if not more, and have spent no more (and probably a lot less) than $50.

I heart Goodwill for clothes too.  Tags on, for 2 bucks?  Yes please.  Who is ever going to know, unless I tell them?  Now I see why the Duggars do it all the time :)
  • Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's just so many! lol. I took a personal day off work for tomorrow just so I can catch up on cleaning (sad i know). Maybe I'll check out the ones up north - Claymont, Chadds Ford etc. I could use a little shopping ;0) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards