Delaware
Options

Veils

Hi Ladies-

Hope we've all been well and planning is coming along! Sooo, I really don't want to spend $200+ on a wedding veil...anyone know anywhere to get one? I plan on checking out Ebay & Etsy, looked before but really didn't see too much.

Thanks in advance

Re: Veils

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help because I dont plan on wearing a veil.  The shorter birdcage veil will be much cheaper... if you like the retro look.
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Girl!  I hope the planning is going well for you.  I would check Brides and Grooms.  If you are open to it...check out the Trash to Treasure board and look at the Davids Bridal Clearance. 
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Etsy seller BellaBridalVeils.  I had one custom made for about $45ish and it turned out beautifully.

• Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Santorini- how have you been? Planning is going well, all the major vendors are booked and now I have to do the minor things that still add up... how are your plans? What venue did you end up booking? Email me sometime...maybe we can start our program again, I ended up joining the Pike Creek Swim & Fitness Club but am so glad it's getting warm soon so I can work out outside!

@ dibs... I will check out that seller. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    best & cheapest option is find a family member that can sew (it's REALLY easy to make a veil)

i made my sister's & plan to make mine as well. All i did for hers is bought a comb piece (plain clear plastic piece from a craft store), 4 yards of tulle from Joanne Fabrics (i think it was $2 per yard), & plain white thread & some clear glass beads.
    I simply bunched 1 end of the fabric up & sewed it onto the comb (doesn't have to be pretty yet) the way that it wasn't going to end up facing. Then folded the fabric back over that & stitched it to hold the fabric close to the comb. Then I stitched on the beads in a basic pattern to cover up all the stitching. Didn't even need to do anything with the edges. just left them alone. & rounded out the bottom.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards