Delaware

Invites

Hey all,
     I wrote you once a few months ago asking for dress-shopping advice. Thank you all for the suggestions on what stores to go to. I thought I was going to be a two-shop bride and be done, but I went to way more places than I ever would have imagined. I ended up finding the one at Brides and Grooms and couldn't be more excited.
   On to the next item of business that I'm completely clueless about: invitations. I designed my save the dates (and will be sending them out sometime after the new year), and started designing my invites, but think I need to leave it to a professional, cause I'm lost as to everything that has to go into them. Where did everyone get or plan on getting their invitations from? I'm having a hard time justifying spending hundreds of dollars on pieces of paper that most people will throw out. I found some decent deals on Etsy, but it would be nice to interact with a real person face to face. Any good places around here that will be kind to my wallet?
  Website suggestions would be helpful, too. But I'm looking for something a little bold and graphic with a specific color theme that I just can't seem to find on Wedding Paper Divas and some of the other popular sites.

Thanks everyone! And even though I rarely comment on here, I often am reading your posts and gathering some much-needed info to steer me through this process.

Re: Invites

• edited December 2011
    I had a hard time justifying spending so much on invites as well. We're diy-ing our invites- which is a huge feat, but I'm actually really enjoying it. Have you checked vistaprint? You have a few options with them. You could either go to their invite section or, like we're (possibly) doing, the postcards. There's some awesome designs! Or you could create your own on Microsoft publisher or photo shop and upload it to them. They're really cheap, sometimes free, and great quality. Otherwise, one if the girls on the Philly board is using an etsy designer and she seems like she's enjoyed working with them.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are a couple of places you can go to get nice invites that don't cost a ton.

The first one is Fulton Paper.  They carry mostly Carlson Craft, with a couple of other kinds thrown in.  They also offer the 20% off Carlson Craft, which helps make it affordable.

The second place is Apropos in Greenville.  I got mine here, and was really happy with both service and quality.  The one thing that sent me there was their service- you tell them what you want, including price, and they will work harder than anything to get what you want in your price range.  Their selection is fab- Carlson Craft, as well as William Arthur, Crane & Co., and Checkerboard (I ended up with William Arthur).  Even if you don't know what you want, they can help figure it out.  Plus, and the reason we went with them over Fulton Paper, they offer 20% off MSRP on everything, not just the Carlson Craft.  Give me a deal and I am sold, LOL!  I HIGHLY suggest you check them out.  Every girl I have talked to that went there, both on here and off (including two cousins, which is how we originally heard about them), has loved working with them.

Hope that helps a bit; at least check both out in person before you decide on any one place (online or in person!).
  • edited December 2011
    Esty.com could be a huge help also.  Search the various sellers that do invitations.  Just about all are willing to work closely with you to get the invitations you want.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going through a graphic designer who has connections in the paper industry.  Mine is a family friend... but there's another local graphic designer that I looked at also. Her website is www.rebeccasimeonedesigns.net.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards