Delaware

Reception Locations

Hi all,
I am actually married, but a friend of out of town has chosen to get married this fall (Sept.) in the Wilmington area.  They are looking for a reception (and I would assume ceremony location) which has a hotel because so many guests are out of town.  This is a small wedding of less than hundred.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Rebecca
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reception Locations

• khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christiana Hilton, Clarion...  double tree...
  • edited December 2011
    I think the DuPont properties are beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it many not be doable at this point.

Most places (and esp your hotels, because of the sizes of ballrooms) in DE book up really really fast.  I booked my place in January 2009 for an October 2010 wedding (and the original date we wanted was already booked by that point).  Unfortunately, because you are looking so late in the game, most of your places that fit your criteria in DE are going to be already booked.

My suggestion would be this:  Expand your search area.  There are a couple of inns in MD (Elkton, cities that are right over the line) that might not be booked yet.  Or, think about changing your criteria.  You are going to have much better luck trying to find a place that is just a restaurant and booking a block of hotel rooms and getting transportation for all the guests versus finding exactly what you are looking for.

I would post another question asking anyone for suggestions in this area and around, and including both hotels and other nice restaurants.  Also, scan down thru the earlier posts on this boards, as there have been a few posts with these types of questions/answers.

Good Luck in your search!
  • edited December 2011
    Harry Savoy's is fabulous too. It would be perfect for 100 people. We would of used them but we have 200-220 guests invited.
  • elijon090311elijon090311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with happywithhim715....Harry's is a great option and it's also very close  to some nice hotels. I'm getting married at the Deerfield Country Club in Newark, DE. You should check it out......it's also very beautiful and the people are really nice and very helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at The Farmhouse.  It isn't a hotel/ motel, but it is near to them.  It's perfect for a small wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards