Ohio-Columbus

ceremony/reception in one place

Hi all!

We're having a small wedding (It's all relative right lol) around 75. Anyone have any suggestings for a place that we can have both the ceremony and the reception?

Any help would be awesome :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ceremony/reception in one place

• edited December 2011
    Almost anywhere would let you have the ceremony and reception in the same place. We looked at the Smith Brothers Loft, Makoy Center, Via Vecchia, Pinnacle, Athenaeum, Olde Gahanna Sanctuary, Hemmit Haus, and Swim and Racquet club. They all allow you to do your ceremony and reception at the same place. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Capital Club downtown and having the ceremony and receptin in one place.  It's a beautiful space!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Everal Barn in Westerville. We are doing the ceremony and reception in one place. It was the least exspensive place we looked.
    The Makoy center was really nice too!
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Like Tiffany mentioned, there are actually a ton of options!  To help narrow it down:
    - What area of Columbus are you looking at?
    - Do you have a theme or overall feel (rustic, vintage, outdoorsy, etc.)
    - What is your general budget?

Hopefully we can help!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Via Vecchia Winery in the brewery district and holding my ceremony and reception there.

With your size I would check out North Bank Park Pavillion. You can definitely hold both there and I think it is amazing, my wedding is just a little too large to comfortably fit there.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011

We're getting married at Autumn Lakes in Sunbury. We're having the ceremony outside on their covered patio and then reception inside--all at the same place. Bambi Hanawalt runs the reception hall and catering there. She's fantastic so far! : ) She makes everything really easy.

• Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lots of golf courses.  We are getting married at Little Turtle Golf Club.  Ceremony outside, reception inside.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Scioto Reserve Coiuntry Club, although it depends on your budget. We're doing our ceremony outside than an inside cocktail hour/reception. It's newly renovated and super gorgeous! Good luck! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas!
    To answer some questions:

We want to stay close to our budget since we're paying for the wedding ourselves (blah lol) so the total budget is $5000 for everything. hat percentage should be sepent on the reception and food?

We're getting married in March of 2013 I think so outdoor won't work for us.

I looooved The Venue at Smith Bros but they seemed on the higher end.but maybe that's normal and I'm just cheap :-/

We were hoping to find a place that will allow us to bring in our own alcohol. We have tons of contacts in that area and would love to be able to use them. 

Our colors are blck/white (damask print as an accent) and lots of candles. Romance is the name of the game lol. 

I'm just starting to plan but am getting a little overwhelmed with all of the choices lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, sorry for all the typos ^^

I wasn't paying attention lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AshLWAshLW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Greek Orthodox hall downtown?  You don't have to be a member -- We looked there originally because we wanted to bring our own alcohol.  Pricing isn't terrible and it's large enough to accommodate both a wedding and reception.  Here is the website: http://www.greekcathedral.com/index.cfm?page=BanquetHall
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Faculty Club. We have an outdoor option if the weather cooperates, if it doesn't then we have a gorgeous ballroom as our back up plan.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the MaKoy Center. If you can do an afternoon wedding you won't have a minimum. They don't allow you to bring your own alcohol but their prices are really reasonable. Scioto Reserve was about 5,000 dollars more and to have the reception there cost 1450 in and of itself as opposed to Makoy where they only charged 225 to have the ceremony on site. You also have a choice if you want it inside or outside.

Also check out the Graystone Winery. They're also reasonably priced, it's a great atmosphere and they don't charge for the ceremony at all. The deposit was only 250 dollars when we asked. Our only issue, and ultimately why we didn't go with them, was because they do not have a handicap accessible entrance that some of our guests need. Other than that, they would've been our first choice!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • tess6373tess6373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please make sure to plan for something for your guests to be doing between the wedding/reception.  I just went to a wedding last week where we literally had to stand in a hallway (no bar, no apps, no chairs, no tables) for an hour while the bridal party took photos in the wedding/reception hall.  it was hard to stay excited and happy for the reception after standing on your heels for an hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards