Delaware
Options

Wedding on the Water

I would like to have my wedding ceremony and reception right next to the water and I am getting frustrated with my search.  I am looking anywhere between Ocean City, MD and Bensalem, PA.  I am going to be looking at Salero in Rehoboth as soon as I can make it down there.  Does anyone have any good suggestions of where I can have a beautiful outside ceremony somewhere that is right by the water? Thanks for the help!Laughing

Re: Wedding on the Water

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my sister got married at the Chesapeak inn in Chesapeak City, MD it was gorgeous & there's a park right next to them also on the water. they're also very all inclusive. the only thing is they're a tad on the high end price wise. for off season they require a $4,000 minimum for their ballroom...or inseason is $8,000. but it's easy to reach that limit. they also cover ur cake with sweets to you by ginger up to $3 per slice. then u pay the bakery whatever extra for the design. I got my cake through them as well. REALLY good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Salero, it's gorgeous, but not worth the money in my opinion.

There are other hotels on the Rehoboth Boardwalk that do wedding also.  Check out Victoria's and the Atlantic Sands.

There are a couple restuarants in Dewey where you can get married right on the bay and then have the reception at the restaurant.  Check out Venus (I've been to a wedding there and the food was amazing and the atmosphere was great) and North beach.  What's great about getting married on the bay in Dewey is if you coordinate your ceremony with the sunset you get AMAZING pictures.

In addition the Verden center in Lewes, DE is on a body of water and has nice facilites and are reasonably priced. 

Also the Indian River Inlet Life Saving Museum does wedding on the beach and outside receptions.  It's really nice there.

An option that I looked at before my beach wedding was renting one of those huge houses right on the beach in Rehoboth or Dewey and having my reception at the house, but that would have to be rather casual.  You can get hire companies to do pretty much all the work for you if that's something you're interested in.
    you can call me B$
    read my blog b!tches my read shelf:
    Brittany's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cape Henlopen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    North East River Yacht Club
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Shanae214Shanae214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i disagree with Beebe.  Im getting married at Salero in Oct and i think its extremely reasonable, price wise.  We picked a friday (cause its cheaper) and its $90pp for butlers apps, buffet dinner, open bar for 4 hrs and a dj for 5 hrs.  plus they have all the linens and center pieces if you dont want to do that all yourself. 
  • Options
    dcbowmandcbowman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm on Team Salero! The view is incredible and everything is pretty much taken care of for you...Ours is $115 per person - three choice seated dinner, 5 apps, open bar (huge selection and good brands) for 5 hours, chocolate fountain, dj for 5 hours, linens and cake service. Plus Dawn the owner is incredible to work with. They do book up quickly - most of 2012 is taken already. So I'd go sooner rather then later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_wedding-water?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:9760a8c4-3be9-4d84-93dc-887beeb3f5ccPost:2d4d96d4-4970-4d7d-b597-182fc81ded11">Re: Wedding on the Water</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on Team Salero! The view is incredible 
    Posted by dcbowman[/QUOTE]

<div>Until it gets dark!</div><div>
    </div><div>I just didn't think the food was that great, but I guess I'm in the minority.  It really is a pretty venue.</div>
    you can call me B$
    read my blog b!tches my read shelf:
    Brittany's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards