Delaware

Dresses

So I get a text from FMIL and she wants to know if there is anywhere she can rent a dress from.... Now to me, it can be a good thing to do or a not so good thing. But I kept my 2 sense out of it and told her I would look around.

So, I am asking you gals if anyone knows of a store that rent gowns for mothers?

Thanks!

Re: Dresses

• edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, there isn't any place to do that in DE.  In fact, I had never heard of it until we went out to OH and FI's relatives told us it's common out there.

If she wants to save some money, have her check out the Resale Boutique on Philadelphia Pike.  There's also Sabrina Ann's in Philly, and a couple other places that are known for resales in Philly.  I would ask on the Philly board for more details.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Resale Boutique.  My mom got her dress there.  Its originally $400 (I looked  it up online) and she got it for $175 I think.
  • edited December 2011
    There was a place in Philly called Danielle's that rented formal and wedding gowns and I actually rented from there twice!  However, I believe the store closed or changed its focus.  Sorry, I don't believe there is rental place int he area any longer.  I also say try a consignment shop or Off 5th (Sak's outlet King of Prussia) or Nordstrom's outlet at the outlets in Limerick, PA (about 20 minutes outside of King of Prussia).   
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are places online that go to the chesapeakcity bridal show in the summer sometime..but i dunno who they are, or when the show is.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards