Delaware
Options

Checky-check-checks!

1. My mom got her dress!  She had actually found it a few weeks ago, but wanted to look at more places before purchasing this one.  We went to every dress shop, up to KOP, and didn't find anything that compares to the dress she got. 

2. I got my veil!!  I was really uncertain about what kind of veil to get, because my dress has a blue train and blue laces and I didn't want to hide any details.  The veil is very simple, fingertip length two tiers with simple Swarski crystals around the edge.  It goes awesome with my dress, and hits at the perfect spot; plus, because of the two tiers, I get to do the blusher, which I always wanted :) 

3.  I got my haircomb!  The comb is pearls and crystals, longer than most combs; it ended up being the compromise between the sidepiece that I wanted and the tiara that my mom wanted, and it's actually the first hair peice that I have fallen in love with!  It goes wonderfully with the veil and my dress, and I love it!

FYI, a couple of notes on buying items:

1.  We got the MOB dress at Morgan's, in Trolley Square.  They were AMAZING, and I would HANDS DOWN recommend them to anyone looking for dresses.  The owner isn't interested in just selling you any old item; she wants you to look your best and red-carpet ready.  In fact, there were a few dresses that my mom wanted to get and the owner (Martha) told her flat out, "I refuse to send you out of my shop looking like that".  She's dressed Jill Biden and other dignitaries before, and she knows her stuff.  Plus, her stuff is not horrible in pricing (my mom's dress was $200), and was actually cheaper than other places we looked at KOP and around here.  I have to take FMIL shopping for hers, and we are totally starting there.I would also recommend NOT looking at Claire's on Philly Pike, as their selection is overpriced and not that interesting.

2.  I did get my comb at Claire's, but it was only on a fluke.  A note about them:  They seem to be more interested in making a sale versus giving the bride what she really wants.  It may be, though, that their attitude changes in the midst of prom season.

3.  The best kept secret about veils:  The Resale Boutique on Philly Pike.  Why?  Because most of their veils are actually brand new.  They buy them from wholesalers; they are able to keep their prices low by purchasing simpler veils.  I ended up getting my two tier veil for about half of the one tier one I was looking at Claire's (and other places).  Also, they were wonderful to work with and gave very practical advice on how to use it and items I needed to think about (like taking it out for the reception and if so, to take my MOH to my hair trial so they could show her how; many of those types of questions).  Ultimately, their practical points and prices and helpful nature were what sold me on it.  I also recommend it for Bridal Dresses (a $1200 Maggie for $350; a lady was trying on dresses there).  They also have crinolines (brand new as well) for great prices (they didn't have my size, or I would have bought one!).

Hope that helps everyone; seriously consider looking at Morgan's and the Resale Boutique!

Re: Checky-check-checks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards