Delaware
Options

Stay away from the Brandywine Inn (Best Western) on route 202/ Concord Pike...

because it's not a blissful place...
after the wedding, my husband (squee!!!!!!!) & I went back to the hotel & in turn had to check in because the room wasn't opened up until after we left. (i stayed in my parent's suite the night before to save money wife he stayed with a friend) so we got back to the hotel & proceeded to do so & when the guy ran my card i had insufficient funds...embarrassing but not the end of the world. i told him i had to transfer the money from savings & to hold on. well the dumbass proceeded to keep swiping my card while i was on the phone transfering the money & blocked my card out of the system!!!!
he then gave us room keys & general (really crappy) directions to the room. we first walk up 1 flight of stairs out where the room i was toured & hand picked was thinking that room got taken by mistake & we were getting a different suite...couldn't find it so i was left standing on a random balcony by myself holding my bouquet, & heavy bag with my essentials from the wedding, & my dress to try(which was getting heavy at that point) while Nayan ran back to the front desk to ask wtf...he came back saying we had to go up a different flight of stairs to a different balcony that wasn't accessible to the 1 I was standing on...we get to the room the key opened & it was A REGULAR ROOM! so obviously i started breaking down & nayan called down to the front desk to, AGAIN, ask WTF?! bastard told him he shoved us (unknowingly) into this crap room because he couldn't charge my card that night! REALLY!?! the card doesn't even get charged until checkout!!!!! (keep in my this was a motel style place where i had to keep walking around dirty concrete pathways)
i had to call my dad & wait for them to come back to the hotel (they were busy packing up decorations & stuff cause it all had to go that night, understandable) When everyone got back my parents, brother, sister, & just about everyone got in on the guy verbally & it took nayan's cousin (cause everyone else there was currently a bit broke) to put his card on the hold so we could get the proper room! & the guys must have been scared shatless cause we ended up getting access to the closed jacuzzi for a couple hrs...
sad thing is...that's not the end of it...that morning (while my sister was doing my hair!!!) the manager of the hotel tried to break our contract & revoke the shuttle servicecompletely!!!! after much bitching from my sister they let us have the 1 shuttle over & 1 back. which still left a bunch of our guests, whom we promised free shuttling, to have to drive over & back!
& there's more still!!!!!! the next morning while we were packing to get the hell out of there, my mom called (like she had promised the guy the night before) that she was gonna call corporate & lodge a complaint. well that escalated into the manager threatening our guests & us in turn that if we weren't out of the hotel by noon she was going to call the cops! WTF?!?! that did it for me...i was in tears all morning. it got to the point that everyone rushed me & nayan out of the hotel & over the an IHOP to wait for them in case that Did happen so that we wouldn't get caught up in it...
in the end, nayan's cousin is currently charged the $250 for our room, they DIDN'T call the cops (thankfully), 1 giant $22 bottle of rum, left over from the wedding, was broken in the mayhem of trying to get out of there before anything else could go wrong, 1 of our guest's rooms didn't have A/C at all the whole time,...we're still working on the complaint cause for all of that, the $250 for my room should be refunded to his cousin at the very least.
& let's not forget the icing on the cake...remember that room we weren't even really supposed to be in? well my dress got snagged on the door!!! I now have a very noticeable defect in my dress!!!!!
what a way to start a marriage...i just am so glad that it wasn't able to 100% ruin my wedding week

Re: Stay away from the Brandywine Inn (Best Western) on route 202/ Concord Pike...

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    now we chose this hotel cause they were slightly less (only about $10 difference) than the rest of the hotels & it was the closest to the Venue without going into downtown Wilmington. & yes i releaize i should have gone with the slightly more expensive hotels. But when i took a person visit & tour with the manager, it looked great for what we needed. they showed us rooms that were updated (our guest's rooms were not), they promised that there was gonna be new bedding in ALL of the rooms (there wasn't), & a bunch of other crap they lied about. If i didn't believe 1/2 the stuff they told us, I would've booked elsewhere in a heartbeat! The jets in the hottub didn't even work! & when we mentioned it to them, they told us it was fine *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry you didn't have a good experience there.  I hope you were at least able to put the problems aside and enjoy your wedding night.  But it sounds like in your situation a lot of the problems stemmed from your card being rejected and the desk attendant not knowing how to handle it.

They were one of the two hotels we used for our block and didn't have any issues.  Also, DH's family uses them every time they come to town from NY because they absolutely love the service they get at that hotel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards