Delaware
Options

T&P needed

Hey guys, MBR is going in for another nerve block today. She needs all the T&P she can get- not only for them to work, because the cold weather is really screwing with her, but for her spirits as well. We need to keep her upbeat- it definitely helps her get through this. ((hugs to her!))
Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: T&P needed

• Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is always in my T&P's .... Hoping the warm weather comes soon since that seemed to help her a little bit when it was warmer out! I couldn't imagine going through what she does everyday yet she still manages to stay active in church and in life. Lots of love to you Britt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Strange, I was thinking about MBR yesterday wondering how she was doing since I havent seen her up here much. Definitely thinking of her  and praying this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  This was #25.  It didn't work at all.  They rate how well ti works based on the temp- your limb temp goes up because your nerve temp goes up if they block works.  Usually, I will go from a 84 to a 93, or somewhere in that range; it's not uncommon for me to jump 10 degrees, which is great. 

I went up 3 degrees.  That's it.  The entire time in the OR was horrible- I was in so much pain from my leg on top of the pain from the 4 12" needles in my back, and the nurses wouldn't respond to my requests for more medication, so I was literally sobbing so hard that the nasal canula (the oxygen thing they stick up your nose) was clogged with snot.  Usually, I have 2 nurses that are great (if not together, then at least one of them).  They talk to me, distract me, tell me whats going on, if I can or can't have meds and why (low BP, hit the limit, timing in the procedure, etc).  The nurses this time were different, and didn't act that way at all.  I would ask for a tissue because I was crying so hard, and they would throw it at me without saying anything.  I would ask for meds, and they wouldn't say anything to me, whether they gave meds or not.  It was terrible.  I came out sobbing, and Brian knew immediately something was wrong.

When they called today (the day after the procedure) to check, Brian let them know everything.  It was things even like the BP cuff was too tight, and I told them that, repeatedly- and they either ignored me or told me it had to be tight.  Well, now I have bruising all around my upper arm.  Perfect timing for a B-Pic Shoot, huh?

To make me feel that much better, the friend who was supposed to go with me to my b-pics today (as well as loan me outfits and do my hair) cancelled on me.  When I texted her to ask if I could still borrow the outfits from her, and see if I could get them, she never responded.  I texted an hour later, and another hour later. 

At that point, after a failed injection and a bailed friend with no outfits for my b-pics (which I was trying to keep a secret and keep inexpensive, which is why I was borrowing the outfits), I broke down and told Brian.  He offered to take me to Avenue, which has plus size clothing.  He didn't see what I got, nor does he know all the outfits I have, so I still have one up on him.  I also got lucky in that all the bras I got were $10 off each that day, and they are all bras that I can wear again (they aren't super duper fancy or anything). 

It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't in the budget and I was trying to keep it a surprise.  Well, she finally got back to me- 10 hours later, at 11 pm at night after I had bought the stuff.  Needless to say, I was a little peeved with her.  Still am.  Especially since she has the same condition I do, and should understand the difficulty it is going out to this stuff. 

But, everything will work.  Jen (Paprika) is going to help with my hair, and Gina is doing my makeup.  I have two more injections scheduled, one for next week and the one the week after.  Hopefully, they work.  And that's the story up to now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards