Delaware

Price of Rockwood??

GRRR I just wrote something and the website reset and I lost it all :-(
Anyway....To make a long story short....
I am having a hard time finding anything online for pricing to hold a wedding at Rockwood in Wilmington. I'm planning to invite about 120 but other than that we have no idea. Can someone please give me an idea of how much you paid for you wedding here or if you have a friend who did? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

(Everything that I do see online that provides pricing packages just seem waaaay too expensive!)

Re: Price of Rockwood??

• I didn't look into Rockwood specifically... but I did look into other venues that are State Parks (like Alapocas) and it's expensive.  There are a lot of hidden costs because everything has to be done through a caterer, and you HAVE to use the one that they approve of.

I had my dad who used to cater weddings when he was younger look at the contract before I fell in love with the place, but he said that there were hidden costs that could get you into trouble. 

What kind of budget are you looking at?  Maybe we can suggest someplace that will fit into your budget?

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • My friend is getting married there in July.  It's costing her about 85 a head, but she has to provide her own alcohol.  That included linens and all that, though, as well as a bartender and mixers for the booze.  If you want the ceremony there, it'll cost extra.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We looked there and we were quoted over $100 per person, and thought that was absolutely ridulous b/c it does not include alcohol.  They charge for everything, so it really adds up. 
    They also were pushing us away from a served dinner to a buffet, which we didn't want.  I didn't think their options were great and the price was unreal considering that we'd have to provide our own alcohol. 
  • I should mention my friend's wedding is on Sunday.  We're getting married Sunday, too.  Affording a Saturday wedding around here is very difficult, in my experience.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not necessarily, KateHar.  My venue was very reasonable (compared to most) and I got married on a Saturday. www.clarionbelle.com
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • i called and the lady told me that after everything was added up it would be $10k just for the venue. Catering started at $95/pp i believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards