Delaware
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Sites

Hi everyone!  I am just starting to plan my wedding.  I am looking for an affordable outdoor venue for the ceremony.  I would like to have it anywhere from Dover up to North Wilmington.  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First off, hello, welcome, and congratulations!

Okay, some questions first.  If you could provide your guest list, budget, and the like, that would be extremely helpful (some outdoor ceremony sites cost ALOT, while others only hold a small number).  That will help narrow down certain spaces.

Also, do you want your ceremony space at the same place as your reception?  Or do you not really care, or would you rather them be different locations?  That will also help narrow things down too.

Finally, what time of year were you looking for?  That will be paramount in an outdoor site.

Let us know those details, and we will get you as many locations and details regarding them as possible! 
  • Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any of the state parks. or historic houses w/ big gardens/woods
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • Options
    lunakahlualunakahlua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guest list is around 125-150 people. Our date is September 10, 2011 (tentatively).  I would prefer to have the reception site at the same place, but I am not opposed to having them at separate places. We are trying to keep the whole wedding under $10,000. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have my list in front of me (I am at a church convention right now), but once I get that info I will get that to you...If I think of anything off the top of my head, I will let you know.  Do you want to bring in your own caterer, do you want to cook yourself, what are you looking for in terms of a reception (do you want a buffet, a sit down, a cocktail reception)?  All those important details (and anything else you can think of in addtion to that) are extremely helpful.

Are you okay with the reception being tented?  Having it be tented will save you a huge amount of money, and if you need to keep it low, that will help.

Now, another question is: If you aren't able to have the ceremony/reception outside, are you okay with suggestions for other halls and indoor locations?  That way, if it can't happen financially for you, then you have a list of other places to fall back on.  Just wondering, so the girls can help you get a jump start on that if it's needed.
  • Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if u want it all in 1 location, u should look into Rockwood museum then. it's in Wilmington (where i'm holding my wedding next summer.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards