Delaware

Brides and Grooms in Newark, DE

Hello Ladies!

I am researching places to get bridesmaids dresses, and got a really good price quoted from Brides and Grooms in Newark, DE.  Has anyone used them for dresses?  What was your experience? 

Re: Brides and Grooms in Newark, DE

• edited December 2011
    I just picked up my wedding gown from there. Somehow my measurements were off and my gown didn't fit but they had the gown I needed in stock and let me switch out the gown I ordered with the gown that fit me with no problems. One of my bridesmaids just ordered her BM dress from there and she also bought her own wedding dress from there 2 years ago. My brother got his tuxes for his wedding there as well. I would recommend them to anyone. If you go, ask for Faith. She's great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • meastburnmeastburn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We got bridesmaid dresses there for my cousin's wedding. While I personally didn't have any problems, I know some of the other bridesmaids did. One girl tried on her dress after getting the alterations and it didn't fit quite right (she made it work though because she received the dress so close to the wedding, it would have been impossible to get it re-altered). They also lost our shoe order and we had to come in and try on shoes again, which isn't too big of a deal, but some of the girls live close to 45 minutes away, so it was more of an inconvenience. They also told us alterations would be $60 max, but 2 of the girls ended up having to pay more, which they weren't expecting. You can take this with a grain of salt; I have heard really good reviews of Brides and Grooms, but I have also heard really bad reviews.

• edited December 2011
    Wow, so far these don't look promising.  My girls all live out of the area except for 2 (but they already have a seamstress in mind, so still no alterations at the store) but the sizing above worries me.  If order from them, I'd be picking up ALL dresses, and woudl have no idea if the sizing was off.
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PMed you
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience!!  I ordered my dress as well as all the BM dresses for my wedding... and my SIL ordered her dress and all our BM dresses from there!!  My mom also bought 3 dresses there (1 MOB and 2 MOG).

Absolutely NO problems at all. 

Ask for Faith!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • MrsPnky2BMrsPnky2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do a search under this board and you'll find a lot of reviews for them.

I did that and ended up going to them. I bought my Ella Rose dress which was a $800 copy of a $4000 Lazaro dress. My wedding was last weekend and everyone raved about my dress.

Based on other reviews I DID NOT have my dress altered there.

See Carmen (saleswoman). She's the BEST! She listens to what you want and gives you honest opinions and is no pressure. She used to work at David's Bridal for over 14 yrs so she's not pressed about commissions and super friendly!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktmajewktmajew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my wedding dress there, and have since recommended them to multiple friends - all of whom have also gotten their dresses there. I could not have asked for a better experience or more wonderful people to work with. Faith is amazing!!! She as found "the dress" for at least 3 brides I know in the past month! Highly highly recommended!
  • edited May 2012
    Honestly, dont go to this STORE!!! THEY PURPOSELY ORDER THE WRONG SIZE SO YOU PAY MORE IN ALTERATIONS!!!  Four of my 6 bridesmaids dresses were ordered in the wrong size.  The store never called me to tell me the dress came in and when I called them to confirm my dresses arrived I went to the store and waited over an hour just to find out that the store either didnt get them in or they misplaced them.  The store would only reorder one and the rest of the girls were asked to get alterations made because there was "not enough time to reorder from the vendor".  The store would not give us a price on alterations and then messed up each alterations.  The hems on the dresses were too short, clasps were messed up, zippers wouldnt zip; it was a nightmare.  After spending hundreds of dollars on alterations for myself and my bridal party, I had to take the dresses to another store to fix bride and grooms mistakes.  Also, the store owner refused to answer or return my phone calls.  I would never recommend purchasing a dress from here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards