Delaware

NWR AW

So I went to the Drs yesterday (for those interested, I am officially flaring which is why I have been in so much pain, and they changed all my meds which are all working fabulously now- my pain levels are way low).

Anyway, I had to step on the scale.  Fully clothed, heavy shoes.

And I was under 200.

For the first time in 3 years, I have a 1 in front of my weight- thats 50+ lbs lost!

I was in so much pain, but hearing that made my day!

The only thing to worry about now- will my dress fit for the TTD session we were planning on doing in the spring?!

Re: NWR AW

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! And I'm glad that your pain levels are going back down.  I worry about you :(

I never understood TTD, though... my dress was 'spensive and it's gorgeous! I don't want to trash it!!! lol.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  Good for you!  And I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, I don't plan on going swimming in the ocean or anything like that :)  But I want to be a little more daring than I was on my wedding (like sitting on the ground, or something else).  Once we do the TTD, I am going to have my gown cleaned :)
  • lesliejennalesliejenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you! What an amazing accomplishment!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woo hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!  now that is definately smile worthy.
     I didn't know you have been in pain lately... did i miss a post?? I'm glad to hear they got everything straightened out and the meds are working. I know you had the surgery done for pain - is that starting not to work?

and who cares if the dress doesn't fit for ttd! work that into it! tie rope around it and do a nautical theme? haha. or go toga style? lol. i dunno - you will figure it out...

congrats! so happy for you on both topics :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, my pain levels have been really high lately. 

Basically, with this disease, you have cycles.  You go from flaring, to not flaring, to being in a little pain, to the pain ramping up, to flaring again, and back around.  The cycle could take a year, or it could be 3 weeks.  It all depends on that cycle.

Flaring with this disease is inevitable- there is no two ways around it.  The doctors basically play a game of "how long can the flaring be held off".  My last real flare like this was at least 5 months ago, well before the surgery, and maybe even further than that.

Unfortunately, when you flare, there isn't much you can do to help it.  Meds, surgery, etc.  Not much helps, but changing things up does help.  I knew I was flaring when the stim wasn't working to control my pain as much, yet I kept pushing it up higher and higher. 

Flaring affects patients differently.  For example, my friend has RSD and hers is much worse than mine- she has full body and her internal organs are affected.  She is getting ready to flare (there are ways you can tell when a flare is coming by things the body does), and when she flares, she has to go into the ICU for a Ketamine treatment. 

It's one of those things we deal with, and one of the reasons we pray for a cure.  I saw my regular doctor and she switched all my meds (which hasn't been done in over a year), and I also need to schedule to see my stim doctor and have it reprogrammed. 
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the weight loss.  That's great news!

Are you using your same photographer for the TTD session?  I decided not to do one.  I hate pictures of myself!  I've already sent my dress away to be cleaned and I'm going to try selling it after that.  If I can't sell it, I'll probably end up donating it somewhere.

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Gotcha. Man that has to be aweful - just waiting for the next flare. You are one tough cookie! Well atleast switching the meds has helped. And you better get your hiny moving to the doc for your stim! You went through all that surgery and recovery - that thing needs to start working again!

DIBS! Stop that! You look great in pics.. My goal is to fit in my dress within the next few years because I want to have a party with all of my married friends and we can all wear our wedding dresses! haha. Any excuse to wear it just one more time...

• edited December 2011
    First off, DIBS STOP IT!  You look AMAZING!  I think a TTD session- or maybe even a B Pics session- is exactly what you need!  Boost your self-esteem!  You are gorgeous, and photograph wonderfully.

Me on the other hand, I am not photogenic at all!  That's why I loved Steph- she did a great job of making me look good in photos.  Though the fact that I was so happy that day and grinning from ear to ear the entire time may have helped ;)

I was planning on asking her if she was interested in doing one.  She is pregnant with her second child though, and due in May (I think), so I don't know if she will be able to.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on the session.  If you have recs on someone who knows how to do them and isn't going to charge as much as I paid for wedding photos, please let me know!

I think I want to do the TTD because there were photos I have seen that I wanted, but were not willing to do on my wedding day for fear of messing my dress up.  Things like sitting on the ground back to back, etc.  I don't plan on doing anything like climbing into the ocean and all that.  Once the session happens, then I will have my dress cleaned.  I haven't decided if I want it preserved or not- I really like the idea of making my children's baptismal gown out of my dress, so I will have to see what happens after the session.

You know, if you DE girls wanted to try and set up a session with a photog to do b-pics, I am sure that could be arranged.  I have heard from every single girl who does them that their confidence and self esteem goes thru the roof when they do them.  Many girls I know do them for themselves, and their DH/FIs are an afterthought!  Whatcha think, ladies?  If you have recs for someone who does B-pics, let me know please!

Thanks for the kind words and support, ladies.  JLJC, I know it needs to be programmed- I technically don't have to call the surgeon for that, i need to call the rep in DE (my surgeon is in PA), and they will meet me at my regular doctors and reprogram me there (They are actually really awesome about helping out and all).  Now that I am on the new meds, though, the stim is starting to kick in and work again, which is what I figured would happen.  It just sucks now- because they switched over the meds, I have to deal with the side effects until I get used to them.  Nausea, drowsiness, just all of it.  No fun.  It will take about a week to settle in and get used to them.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah pain meds are no joke. I get so worried with FI because he has to be on them. I keep waiting for the day he gets approved for his replacement surgery. He hates being on them - they control everything because if he doesn't have them he's in pain and he's been on them for 2 years so it's not just his foot anymore it's an addiction too. It's a battle. You definately have to stay strong. I couldn't imagine having to be on them.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's an addiction- it's a dependence.  There is a huge difference between the two.  I got really lucky, having two nurses for parents, who were able to explain to me that having to be on the meds and then tapered off is not addiction, it's a dependence.  And it's a mindset, too.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a good way to put it and so true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards