Delaware

a little vent.......

so tonight on the way home from dinner Fi tells me that his best friend who he has known since highschool, could possibly be backing out of being his bestman. He asked him long before this work thing came up. He works as an archeologist (sp?) and may being going out of the country from the end of may till august (our wedding is in june). I understand that its work but to bring it up 3 months out, and especially if he knew a while back he could have said something. I know Fi was upset because he told me he almost started yelling at him when his bestman told him.

But if he does end up backing out then FI has another guy he's thinking about asking who he was deployed with a couple years back. So in a way we have a back up plan but i think it just hurts because he's his bestfriend and he knew as soon as we got engaged he was the one to be his bestman.

Re: a little vent.......

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I suppose FI doesnt have any brothers. I really hope everything works out for you guys.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks... no he had one but he passed away and he's not close with any of his family members (and i think all his cousins are girls) but i'm sure it'll be fine, its just a sucky situation.
  • edited December 2011
    It sucks that he waited until 3 months before, but you cant do anything about it.  People who travel for work, or are in the military, dont usually have control over these things.  I hope your FI can find a way to forgive him, and I hope that the friend makes an effort to participate in things up until he leaves. 
  • edited December 2011
    That stinks that the friend didn't tell your FI beforehand.  I'd re-think asking someone to "fill in", though, because at 3 months out this person is going to know that they're just your "back-up plan" and that might be insulting.  Having uneven sides is ok if that's what you end up with.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • edited December 2011
    now he just found out his parents might not be coming, not becasue they are against it or anything hahahah, hi dad got really sick a few months back from a screw up by his doctor (like almost died) so hes unsure as to whether he wants to fly out here or not.... FI is so upset and i feel so helpless, i would rather him have someone there with him standing by his side because its just me, him, MOH, and BM,... i just want him to be happy at this point... we're only doing this once
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards