Delaware

Panic has set in.

Literally, just right now.  I got a huge tightening in my chest, and I started to hyperventilate.  OMG, I am getting married in a week and a half.   And I feel like I am no where near ready. 

Crap, crap, crap.  I don't know what I am going to do!  I can't even type this post without stumbling over the keyboard.

I feel like I am going to be sick...

Re: Panic has set in.

• edited December 2011
    Laughing  You'll be ok.  Just breathe...
  • edited December 2011
    Deep breaths and remember that the only person that is going to know if something is missing is you..it's ok!!! Just enjoy the week and when you get stressed, talk to someone and take deep breaths
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't even read this or you're going to make me panic!   Laughing

I've got exactly one week to get pretty much everything done.  Then I have to pack up my car and head up to PA to my parents house where I'll be for the rest of the week.

Oh, and we leave for the honeymoon at 7am the morning after the wedding.  So not only do I have a week to pack for our 8 day stay in Maui, but I need to pack for living out of a bag at my parents house for 4 days.  ugh.

• edited December 2011
    I will say this, and new brides take it as advice:

I am SOOO HAPPY we decided to wait a week for our HM.  We are now able to relax a bit, not worry about packing while worrying about wedding stuff, pluswe can enjoy our first few days instead of sleeping bc we are so exhausted.

If you want a HM right away, I suggest getting a hotel room at a nice hotel (either here or in Philly or someplace that you like; we are doing Hotel DuPont, and then Courtyard), and spending time sleeping and with each other for 2 or 3 days.  Maybe get it someplace where you can explore and relax and not expend your energy (like the Brandywine River Area- there is so mcuh to do, Hagley, Winterthur, Longwood, Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford Winery, etc etc).  This way, you don't feel the pressure to do things during your HM while you are exhausted.

I know it's a bit unconventional, but I really, really highly suggest it.  It can also save you money- flying on a Tues or Wed is cheaper than Sun or Mon!  At the very least, I suggest waiting a few days, resting and recouperating, and then leaving for your HM.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second that.  If it weren't for the fact that his dad is paying for and arranging the entire trip, we probably would have done it that way.  But, it's a small price to pay for a free trip to Maui!

• edited December 2011
    OMG you are going to make me start panicing as well, and I still have a year!!

I know everything will be fantastic and wonderful and amazing.   YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!  Just breathe.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It will all come together! Don't sweat the small stuff. I have done corporate event planning for many years in the past. There are always things that can be done but not all of those have to be done. You can do it! You are very organized. All you really need to get married is a bride, a groom, an officiant and the marriage license. All the other things are just gravy!

We are not going on our honeymoon right away either. Wedding is October 9th, honeymoon is January 8th. All of his family will be here from out of town so we are taking a week to spend with them. So we just have something to look forward to in 3 months!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards