Delaware

Limo recommendations?

My sister is getting married in Wilmington, DE in September and is looking to rent a regular 8-10 passenger limo.  The problem is that she really only needs it for about an hour but every company she has contacted has a 3 hour minimum.  Are there any companies that you guys would suggest contacting?  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Limo recommendations?

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Dave's Limo and would definitely recommend them.  However, it looks like they only do 3 hour rentals as well.  I think you're going to find that with most companies.  Maybe if the wedding was off-season you could work something out, but September isn't really off season.

• edited December 2011
    Having worked for a limo company when I was in college, you are going to find that they don't book stretch limos for less than 3 hours.  Now, you can use it for less than 3 hours, but you will have to pay for the full 3 hours either way. 

We called pretty much every limo company around here, looking for the best deal.  On a recommendation from a friend/former Knottie, we looked into Riverfront Limo.  Not only were they the most affordable ($510 for 4 hours; that included tip, taxes, fees, and tolls), but they were the most polite to work with.

We originally called Daves, and they were polite when we were looking to book a limo for the BP.  But when we called back and all we wanted was a van or small bus to transport my mom/sister's kids/grandparents, they actually yelled at my husband and hung up on him.  I was appalled, since we have called before and they had been recommended.  I don't think we will ever use them after that experience; I won't take the risk of getting yelled at.

Finally, she needs to be looking to book NOW.  We got lucky, finding a limo at the one we wanted, but we waited way too long- we didn't book until 6 weeks before the wedding.  Since most companies only have maybe 3 limos, and only 1 limo bus, and September is a popular wedding month, you want to book ASAP to get the limo you want (color, size, etc.) 

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    One more thing:

Limo companies will negotiate.  My friend/former Knottie got married in May and it was Prom season.  They were going to charge more, but she negotiated and managed to get $100 off.  If you work with them, especially if you know other places' pricing, you may be able to get a decent deal (since she only wants one hour).

The other thing is, plan for more time than you think you need.  Traffic, the bride running late while the limo idles, the ceremony runs long...anything and everything could happen.  Make sure to budget lots of extra time- so the 3 hour minimum, while it sounds like a lot, is a good safety net to have.

Other companies you may want to check into:
    Buker (really good reputation; our second choice)
    Eagle Limo
    Delaware Express
    Prime Time Limo
    City Wide (the third choice for us behind Riverfront)
    DND Limos

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards