Delaware
Options

WACKO IN THE WHITE HOUSE B&B

So. I mentioned before that I needed to schedule a time to see the White House Bed & Breakfast on Newport Gap Pike to appease my FMIL. Well..

I called there Saturday morning @ 8: 30am and left a message saying I was interested in viewing the property for my wedding next year.
The woman (Sandy) called me back and left a message saying that she would be around all day Sunday to stop up there when I was available.

Sunday morning - 6:20am - I get a phone call and a message from a number I don't recognize (I have the white house number stored in my phone). The message was this woman Sandy - scolding me for calling her at 2:30am and how I was very disrespectful to call at that time because she thought her mother had died (who apparently has two ages 86-94). I was so confused. She must have had the wrong person. I tried to let it go and go back to sleep but I just couldn't.  So I called her back.

She answers the phone and I asked her if she was Sandy from the White House. I was very polite (she sounds elderly - I always respect my elders) I brought to her attention the vm and politely explained to her that I did not call her at 2:30 in the morning. She went on and on - pretty much calling me a liar. Telling me that I probably "drunk dialed" her on accident. I explained to her that I can look on my phone to see every call dialed, missed or received with the dates and times. I did NOT call her. (not to mention the fact that the number she had called me from was a different number than the one I had). She ended the conversation with "Well if you want to see the property then I will show you the caller ID where you called me). I just told her to have a nice day and I would be in touch. I AM NOT CALLING HER CRAZY ASS BACK!!
Who does that???? really?? I mean who?? especially to a potential customer!!!!!! I could not even believe that happened!

Re: WACKO IN THE WHITE HOUSE B&B

• Options
    huttonjhuttonj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geez louise she sounds like a crazy woman! How bad do you want to see this place? lol. I'd move on... that's nuts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - now I want to go check it out just to see what she looks like!  She sounds like a good stress reliever to me - lol!  I get married in 38 days - I will enjoy the laughs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even want to see the place to begin with! I've driven by there a few times and it was just a little too foo foo frilly for me. My future mother in law really wanted me to see it so I was just trying to make her happy. I told her what happened and she seemed a little disappointed. haha. I still can't believe it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I feel like I would go just to be vindictive. It is a bit more of a frilly place... if you're into the frilly b&b it's pretty cool... but if not, it can be overkill. I would totally show up with my phone bill with the times. But, I'm also terribly vindictive... :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL-we went there a few years ago to possible book a room as a gift for my grandparents so they didn't have to stay in a hotel for a visit to DE.  What a crazy place!  Prob same people and thank goodness that they are selling it.  Hopefully the new people will run it right.

BTW-the whole place smelled like they chain smoked and it was creepy...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. I know it currently is the same owner because I spoke with someone I knew who told me the lady there was a little weird from an experience she had a few years ago. The name was the same.  I just brushed it off but boy was I wrong!
  • Options
    Momma.BrownMomma.Brown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my wedding shower there a few years ago. that woman is a whackadoo to the extreme. she spent the better part of my shower telling ghost stories about the house. it was  aaaaawkward to say the least.

she is probably in her mid 40's - not elderly...well depends on what you consider elderly ;) but she is a major biitch and completely nuts.

the house itself is absolutely stunning. every inch of it has decorative painting all done by her. from the floor boards to the drinking glasses. but that itself should tell you how crazy she is.

imo, she is also very overpriced. but she is trying to unload that house - so you may be able to schedule an event there at a discount. she might be desperate for money.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OOOOOOOOO MYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDD!!!
    That is tooo funny!!!! I can't even believe it!!! Yeah I will definately not be having my bridal shower there or any other event!! lol. I would like to have it at a room in the opera house. They have this one room that is just stunning!!! It's girly elegance to the max! I was in love with that room. Man.. all I can do is laugh! I can't wait to pass that along. hahahaha. Oh and I don't think 40's is elderly.. her voice just sounds very very old! lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards