Delaware

The Chase Center in Wilmington

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and definitely won' t be my last.  I am contemplating the Chase Center for my ceremony and reception.   Any feedback on this place?  We really like the size of the rooms and the price sounds reasonable.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for a place that can accommodate the ceremony and reception at a reasonable price in July?

Thanks so much!
Vicky 

Re: The Chase Center in Wilmington

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the DE board!  I am so happy to see you here!  If I can suggest, I would do an intro post- we love to hear enagement stories, and "meet" new brides that way!

As for the Chase Center, it's a nice venue, but it's very very pricey for this area.  IMO (in my opinion), you can get just as good, if not better, venues for less money- and most of them include more items without nickel and diming you (I know the Chase Center has fees like cake cutting fees, and wine uncorking fees, and the like).  Their food is very good, though- I have had it several times, and always enjoyed it.  And like I said, the space itself is very nice.

My suggestion is this:  do a seperate post, telling what area you are looking for in DE (more in Wilmington, or do you want Pike Creek, or Hockessin, etc), what extras you would like (do you want centerpieces included, the cake, colored linens, etc), what your price point is, and how many guests (very important, since some places have limits) etc, and the girls on here can give you ideas on where to check out. 

Some of the places I have looked at or been to, off the top of my head:

Executive Banquet and Conference Center
    DuPont Country Club
    Hotel DuPont
    Deerfield Country Club
    Mendenhall Inn/Concordville Inn PA (owned by same ppl)
    The Farmhouse
    Hartfeld Country Club
    Hockessin Fire Hall
    Red Clay Room
    Clayton Hall at UD
    The Stone Barn (PA)
    The Hilton
    The Clarion
    Chesapeake Inn

There are many more, and many of the girls on here have experience with one or more of these venues (either had their wedding, or have been to weddings at that location).  I can't remember them all off the top of my head, which is why I suggest doing another post.

PS- to everyone else, AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED A DELAWARE VENDORS BLOG!!!Cool
  • MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the space I would vote my venue - U of D clayton hall! They were great to work with and we were very pleased with how much they worked with us - including makeing up a seperate catering menu for the children in a kids room serving pizza chips, pretzels, and juice (avg. $13/kid) v. $45 chicken fingers per kid. Great ways to save money
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I checked out the Chase Center, but they weren't really willing to work with our budget or cut out things that we felt that were unneccessary. The menu, imo, was rather odd.... My fiance's only request is scallops wrapped in bacon and they didnt have that... so he was against it. The room is HUGE and very nice.. but thats about it.

I looked at 19 venues... I have a ton of info and pictures... Here our my 19:

Adelphia
    Dupont Country Club
    Chase Center
    Executive Banquet Center
    Red Clay Room
    Doubletree on 202
    White Clay Creek Country Club
    Penn Oaks Golf Course
    Springhaven Country Club
    Concordville Inn
    Celebrations
    Embassy Suites in Philadelphia *by the airport*
    The Waterfall
    Greenville Country Club
    Concord Country Club
    Hilton *by the airport*
    Radisson in King of Prussia
    Harry Savoy's
    Crowne Plaza in King of Prussia *which is where we chose*

Just shoot me an email at lilvalval26 at yahoo dot com or page me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards