Delaware

Alterations

I know this question has been asked before, so please bear with me on bringing it up once again. Can someone provide me with with Elaine Morgans and Sophia in Wilmingtons phone numbers and information? I  would like it both for myself and for my bridemaids (some live in newark and some farther north closer to Wilmington). Also i am tring to decide between the two (i live in between both). Can anyone give me recommendations? or if you had a negative experience let me know? I really appreciate. Thanks Girls!

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    Some have had good experiences with Elaine (Donna and Mrs.Carina), while others had some issues with her (Mrs.Jax and Tonysgurl).  I think it depends on the time of year- if it's homecoming/prom season, I would maybe try to go other places.  I also know you have to stay on top of her, like calling the day before an appt to make sure the work from the previous appt is done.

I don't have any info on Sophia, but I really haven't heard anything bad about her, except that if it's those busy seasons, book early.  Some of Sarah's bridal party and mom used her, I believe.

I don't have either numbers, but those I listed should have them, if they don't reply here.  Or you can search back in the posts- they go back farther with the new formatting than before.
  • ImMrsFranksImMrsFranks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elaine Morgan's phone number is (302) 738-5594. I'm not sure about Sophia's though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Sophia's # is 302-777-7515.
    She is out of the country until the first week of February though.  I'm getting married in May and she said that's plenty of time to have my dress altered, but I'm not having much done...HTH.
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My experience with Elaine is mixed... 

My sister (MOH) and Mom's dress came out perfect, and she literally remade a size 14 to a 6 petite. 

My dress, which only needed a bustle was a bit dissapointing.  I didnt love the options she gave me for my bustle so I went on a search and found a bustle that would work with my dress.  Well, it never really looked as it was supposed to, even with 3 last minute appointments the last 10 days before the wedding.  It was extrememly sloppy looking, not quite like my picture.  Well, after the ceremony when we went to bustle me, half my strings were gone.  My brother in law literallly untied ribbon from the bubbles and sewed it to my dress best he could.  We did do pics before hand, but the ribbons should have stayed, IMO. 

On the other hand, like Brit said, many girls use her and love her and honestly, you cant beat the price.  Shes a fraction of what salons charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards