Ohio-Columbus
Options

Grandview reception

Hi everyone,

I'm in the initial information gathering stages but I'd like a ceremony, cocktail pre-reception, and reception all in the same location.  Ideally, it would be close to where we live in Grandview since the neighborhood is so important to us.  I have not found anything in the area though.

Guest list would be about 150 in October of 2012.  I just read something about the Ohio Bar Association Headquarters on one of the boards and will check that out.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Grandview reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    athanaeum
    loft/venue at smith brothers
    arlington swim and racquet
    clintonville park of roses/women's club
    osu?
    there are a lot that are within a few miles but i don't know of anything directly in grandview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had looked into OSU Golf Club which is in Upper Arlington, corner of Kenny Rd and Tremont.... not too far from Grandview. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't be able to have the ceremony here but the Grandview Cafe rents its top half out for weddings and parties. I was there for a rehearsal dinner and the food was delicious. Chef Smitty is really wonderful to work with too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sisterlizzysisterlizzy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm from grandview and we had the ceremony and reception at the River Club. beautiful views of downtown. First Communicty Church, but the rooms where you could have the reception and cocktail hour isn't anything special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    brittiny, i had no idea about grandview cafe! put that on my list of potential rehearsal dinner spots. great idea girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of your ideas!

In addition to rehearsal dinner venues, Brazenhead is supposed to rent out the bottom of the restaurant for events.  I'll have to check into it, but I would LOVE to rent out the Knotty Pine because it was where we had our first date  :)
  • Options
    RockOnKatieRockOnKatie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also a grandivew resident (and a lover of grandview) and I ran into the same problem finding any locations near here.

Do you have any more info on the Ohio Bar Association? I've seen the building before, but I can't find any info on renting the space.

Also, I've been in the basement of the Brazenhead for a private party. It's a really awesome space (beautiful woodwork, a nice built-in bar), but I think the max. capacity is only 40-50 or so. It would be a good location for a rehearsal dinner though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also a Grandview resident (and Grandview fanatic).  We are getting married at Our Lady of Victory in Marble Cliff.  Our reception isn't in Grandview, but I did look into having our rehearsal dinner at Brazenhead since Sprinhill Suites and the Hyatt Place will be our wedding hotels and I didn't want our guests to have to travel too far for the rehearsal dinner since we aren't providing transporation for that part.  I can send anyone the info Brazenhead emailed me if you want.  You can also email them (the info is on their website) but they did take a week or two to get back to me.  We oddly ended up going with Schmidts for the rehearsal dinner so I guess the close proximity to the hotel wasn't as important as enjoying Bahama Mamas :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There isn't any information about renting the Ohio Bar Association online but thanks to another message board, I got the number to call: Jan Rose @ 487-2050.

We walked around the outside this week and I love it!  Ivy and brick and trees and in my 'hood :)  We have an appointment to view the space next week.  I'm really excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I coordinated a wedding at the Ohio Bar several years ago and it was really a great space. The weather was nice so many of the guests hung out on the patio.

You could also look at the Our Lady of Victory - they have an event hall too. My friend is having her reception there next month and it's a really nice space. I'm not sure how much they charge though.
  • Options
    Any luck on the Ohio Bar Association site?  Looking for a venue where you can have your own caterer and alcohol.  Looking for my daughter.  She wants a bright place and wasn't sure if this would fit that bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards