Delaware
Options

Florists in Dover area

I'm looking for a florist in the Dover area.  I've seen the postings on this board for a lot of great florists in Wilmington, Newark area...but the fact is, I need someone near Dover.  Here's why:  I live in Alexandria, VA, I travel to Dover on the weekends to see my honey, and it's hard enough trying to find vendors and make arrangements to meet with them when you live two hours away, and are limited to meeting with them on the weekends.  Plus, once I get to Dover, I don't fancy driving another hour on the weekend to see someone up north.  I'm meeting with JenMor florists this Friday, but haven't seen any other florists recommended in the Dover area on this board, or on wedding wire.  It's so frustrating looking for vendors on here, b/c it seems like everyone who's getting married lives up north, so they only mention vendors up north!  *sigh*  No offense to you northern, girls, btw!  I just wonder- where online are all the Dover area brides lurking! :-)  Anybody have any ideas, or thoughts???  Thanks. 

P.S. Am having the same issue with videographers.  I wanted to go with Martin's, but when he suggested I drive all the way up to New Jersey to see his products, I crossed him off my list!  Any help on vidographers would also be appreciated.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florists in Dover area

• Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the Rehoboth Beach area and have been wondering the same thing.  I am in a similar situation but I actually live in Wilmington but my FI lives in Sussex County DE.  So I am also trying to do everything on the weekends.  I haven't started the florist search yet.  It is next on my list.  If I hear of anyone good, I'll drop you a message. 

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Chemistry2000.  I heard somewhere that Bayberry Florists are good--they're in Rehobeth Beach--again, an hour from where my FI lives, hence I'm not thrilled about the extra drive time.  Could be worse--my sister planned a wedding for Birmingham, AL from Charlotte, NC.  But I didn't want to do something like that myself! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Im using Jen-Mor in Camden, just outside Dover. The people were friendly and the prices are resonable. My family has used them in the past for many functions.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Chechabrian, I have an appointment with them on Friday.  They were very nice when I called and even gave me a recommendation for a cake baker.  I'm also meeting with Beaverbranch and then Country Flowers later in the day.  We'll see how it goes.  At least none of them tried to charge me a consultation fee! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    meastburnmeastburn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have heard only good things about Jen-Mor. Unfortunately, I'm in the Wilmington/Newark area, so I haven't seen any of their work first hand, but like I said, I have only heard good things about them. Good luck!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update:  I met with three florists in the Dover area on Friday: Jen-Mor, Beaverbranch and Country Flowers.  Jen-Mor was the only real contender, the other two being your typical FTD service shops (although the staff I met were very nice!).  Susan at Jen-Mor was GREAT--very understanding, and she tried hard to figure out who I am, and what I wanted, and then steer me in the direction of something that would be within my price range.  She even suggested doing my own reception flowers as a cost cutting measure--I LOVE wedding vendors who give you cost cutting measures.  Now...anyone know any wholesale florists in Dover?  Or flower farms nearby?  :-)  Just thought I would report, for any future Dover brides on here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards