Delaware

Anybody know...

of any good videographers that I could hire for just the cocktail & the reception? (about 4-5 hrs) & i would need them to be under 300...
~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd

Re: Anybody know...

• edited December 2011
    I would reccomend my videographer, but he was $1800 for the whole day.  Don't know how much he would be for just 4-5 hours.  His name is Joe Eucalono and his website is www.ptmem.com or www.personaltouchmemories.com
  • edited December 2011
    Check with the colleges.  Check with the Art Department at UD; the students with the experience would be under that department.  UArts in Philly is known for that kind of stuff, I would highly recommend looking there.  Also check into Drexel.  Both the UArts and Drexel would be with Film Majors.

Unfortunately, with your price restriction, a student is really going to be your only option.  But it's not necessarily a bad thing; many of them are very good, they just don't end up doing many weddings when they get a job at a station or something like that.

Also, when you hire them, be prepared to offer things like them being able to use your wedding in their portfolio.  Often, when you offer things like that, they are more willing to do the work (weddings aren't exactly film majors ideas of excitement; having two cousins and two close friends in the major, they told me they were willing to do it for me, but only because I was close family/friends, because they don't look at weddings as exciting)

Be prepared to up your budget a little bit.  As you can see from the PP, videography is expensive, often because it's not something you want to scrimp on.  Even the college students I talked to were not willing to go below 5-600.  If it's something you really want, I suggest reworking your budget and taking the money from elsewhere; I know it was for me, so I had to cut things out (like the string quartet that both our families and us wanted for ceremony music) so I could have it for years to come.

To find a student, contact the department at the schools directly.  They will know where to go from there; just tell them you are looking to hire a student for an event and are willing to let them use it for their portfolio.  You might also ask them if they have bulletin boards (I know UD definitely has department bulletin boards) where you can put up flyers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards