Delaware
Options

Card Box-With Pics

A bride posted this on another wedding forum I belong to and now I am in love with it. It's a glass card box that doubles as a showcase which means cake toppers, rb pillow, toasting flutes or whatever can go inside too . Its actually sealed shut with two very small drops of silicone and the only way to gain access is by cutting through this seal.  I think I'm gonna get it.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Card Box-With Pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Before you do that, check out this:

http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2007/09/diy-photo-frame-cardbox.html

I just made this as a wedding gift for a close couple we know (I found out thru bridesmaids that she wasn't going to have a cardbox at all, and offered to do one as a wedding present/help for them.  They ecstatically agreed).  It came out looking so great that FI (who helped me put it together, with some modifications to the website directions that I would be happy to give you) was really excited to make another one for me for our wedding.  Since we can work on it together, it's nice bonding time too!

She LOVED it, and the best part about it is that she can put all "mementos" (guest cards, bride and groom place cards, cocktail napkins, etc) in the box.  I had secretly gotten pictures from her BMs that were her favorite, and even did the matting in the frames (I did 8x10 frames with 5x7 mats/pics) in her colors.  Not only was she able to put wedding mementos inside, but because it had pictures and such on the outside, and it because it was on a lazy susan so it spun around, she was able to use it as a piece of home decor when all was said and done.  I told her if she wanted the pics switched out, to let me know and I would put wedding photos in it for her.  Since they didn't live together beforehand, they thought it was something nice they could display in their home for many years to come, but especially right now when they don't have many decorations.

Not trying to say the one you posted isn't cute, but the one in the website turns out so well, and I know you are a DIYer, that I thought I would pass it on before you made a decision.  If you want pics, I can try and find some for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ms.Briar, I saw that site before and decided to make one myself.  I went to Michaels on Thanksgiving day to get 60% off frames.  I haven't actually put them together yet (they take up less space un-assembled) but I'm inspired by the fact that you did it successfully.

Mattsbride, The glass case/card box is very pretty.  And unique.  My only suggestion is to really think about whether or not you will use it for momentos after the wedding.  I've seen a lot of things that make me "ooh" but, when I really think about it, I'll never keep or use this stuff again.
  • Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah I am still thinking about it. My cakes gonna have two cake-toppers so I figured I'd use  the glass card box to preserve them along with the RB pillow bc it will be my son carrying it.

Thanks Brit for the info...I was actually considering making one of those photo boxes before the glass one caught my eye. The other option we were considering was this.

A treasure box. I just gotta run all these great ideas by my FH so we can decide together.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I *LOVE* the glass one.  I've never seen anything like it, I think it's unique and gorgeous :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards