Delaware
Options

AW: Photographer

YAY! We sent in a deposit today! Its been a pretty crappy week so I am really excited about this!

We are going with Photography by Leah :D Plus she is giving us a discount so we are getting her best package with a second shooter! I am so excited :D.

Now onto convincing the FI that we need a videographer. He doesnt like how he looks in videos. :( Its coming slowly but surely I think I will get him to consent to it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 139 Invited so far!
image 79 Are ready to party!
image 60 Will be missing out!

Re: AW: Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Leah did our wedding too.  She's awesome!  I haven't gotten the photos yet, but I was so impressed with her "vision" for the different portraits we took.  And she's just so nice too!  We had her for the rehearsal dinner as well.  And sort of last minute she offered the second shooter which we gladly took her up on.  And I was so glad we did.  Not only will it be great to have more angles, but he was a big help the day of!

• Options
    cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am super excited. She is a little peppy for the FI but I love it. It will be fun to have her around.

MBR: I am currently looking at 4. WAlsh Video, Per Sempre, TLJ Studios and the backup if i cant seem to get FI to get on board is Martins cause I am sure I can book them really late.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!!! I loved Leahs work but we went with someone else. Photography was one of my biggest stresses! lol. Good luck with the videography, don't worry, I'm sure he'll cave! Mine didn't though :(  I wanted it and he said no. Since that's about the only thing he's said no to I guess I can't complain but it would still be nice to have video of our day...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    to be honest, I don't want a videographer and my brother didn't either but he caved when a business associate told him that he didn't want one either, but got one and now years later he is glad that they did.  They show their video to their kids and has given them an oppertunity to show their kids some family members who have passed on.. just something to think about.  I'll probably do a video for this reason even if we never sit down to watch it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  We weren't going to have one because money was tight, and decided it was something we needed to have.  Luckily, DH's cousin is a film student, and agreed to do it for us for a great price.  I am waiting on the final product, but having seen his other work, I have no worries.  Add that to the professionalism on the day of (people said he was the most laid back and easiest to work with video person they had ever met/seen, and got the shots without being obtrusive and screaming at people to get out of the way, etc- none of that, you didn't even know he was there half the time), he was great choice.

If you are on the fence about this, please let me and others try and sway you towards getting the video- you have it forever.  And if you need a person who is afforable (really affordable) and does great work, let me know- I will pass Brent's name and info gladly on to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards