Delaware
Options

Hotel Room Blocks - any recommendations?

Hey folks!
Does anyone have recommendations for hotel room blocks?  Any with continental breakfast?  I'm getting married @ the Rockwood, so we're looking in the Wilmington area.  Preferably it would be easy to get to from 95 for the out of state faction.  
Thanks in advance!

Re: Hotel Room Blocks - any recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother got married at Rockwood and had his room blocks at the Double Tree on 202. They were great and included a shuttle to and from Rockwood for anyone staying at the hotel that night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stay away from best western on 202. real crap hole. gave us a bunch of problems
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe look at the reviews for hotels on tripadvisor or hotels.com so see what others felt about the comfort.  Next I'd call and see if any of those would comp a shuttle.
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had blocks in both the DoubleTree and Best Western on 202.  The DoubleTree because it's within walking distance of Scrimmages (we knew our friends would want to continue the drinking/partying after the reception) and the Best Western because it's where DH's family always stays when they visit from NY (they love the free breakfast!)

DoubleTree offerend a shuttle for free with a certain number of booked rooms (fee for less).  I can't remember if Best Western had one.  Both were great to work with and everyone was happy with their rooms.  I'd recommend calling both!

• Options
    kiwigreen11kiwigreen11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!  I'll definitey be sure to check out the doubletree.  I've had problems with getting responses or getting representatives to work with my schedule (if i'm suggesting that my family stay there i'd like to see a room first...but apparently the fact that i work 9-5 means i'm not available during sales hours...).  Sorry, it's been an amazingly frustrating process for something that should be relatively simple! 

I appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards