Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Candy Bar Details

I wrote vendor reviews after my wedding and people asked about the candy bar so I thought I'd give some more details. I had really wanted to do one for my wedding but didn't want to spend a lot on it(I spent about $150), so here it what I did...I got containers from my mom, aunt and their friends. Do not buy any, just borrow! It will save a lot of money and look really nice. We used 5 big containers, punch bowls, vases, etc. and then 2 smaller bowls. I did not pay for anything and they looked a lot nicer than if I had bought them.I bought my candy from Costco and Sams. I do not have a membership to either but have friends that do! It was WAY cheaper than ordering them online!! I compared candy at the two and bought the cheaper one. Also, I used coupons when they went on sale. The candy we had was, m & ms (first to go), reesee pieces, gummy bears, skittles, rasinets, mike and ikes. I bought about 15 pounds of each candy and it was all gone. We had about 200 guests. But many people went back for 2nds, 3rds, etc. I did not want candy left over!I bought silver and black scoops from WalMart about $3/piece. We tied ribbon on the end of them. The catereer helped set up and put things under the table cloth so that they were on different levels.I bought take out conainers from papermart.com and they were $0.08 a piece! I had a typed poem in a frame that said,"Grab a box, take a treat and remember love is sweet"I should have pictures of it next week so I will post that soon. Let me know if you have any ohter questions! But I think it is a great way to thank guests and you can do it very reasonably!

Re: Candy Bar Details

• Options
    heathergustheathergust member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.  I too am thinking about the candy bar.  What container or style did you get from papermart?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards