Nebraska-Omaha

DIY Flowers - **Huskerfanz***

Huskerfanz - for your DIY bouquets, how many days before the ceremony did you receive your flowers?  what did you do with them until you put the bouquets together?  what did you do with them after the bouquets were made?  TIA!!
Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown

Re: DIY Flowers - **Huskerfanz***

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my flowers delivered on Thursday (Saturday wedding) and I made the bouquets that afternoon.  Until I made them, I had the loose flowers in 5 gallon buckets.  Once done, I put water in ice cream pails and let the bouquets sit in there in the dark basement.  I took them with me to the church on Friday and they sat overnight in the fridge.It depends a lot on the flowers, though.  I used really hardy flowers (carnations, ranunculus, and snapdragons) so I could have done them earlier in the week and they would have been fine (if not prettier--the ranunculus opened up a lot the week after the wedding.)  I'd stay away from hydrangeas if possible.  I've been in two weddings where they were used (June and July) and the flowers were wilted before the reception even started. Hope that helps and feel free to ask away if you have more questions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Huskerfanz!  I'm also going to do carnations, with roses.  So I'm glad to find out they will do well with the DIY.  Approximately how many flowers did you have in each bouquet?  Thanks for the help!
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 20-25 carnations in the BM bouquets and about 35-40 ranunculus in my bouquet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!!!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards