Nebraska-Omaha

Second guessing myself and need some help...

We have booked our photographer and I have seen some of their work personally and on the website.  I am really struggling with what to do.  Some of their stuff looks great and amazing!  On the other hand, some of it looks like I could have done it with my own personal camera.  I love photography and do a little of it on my own, so I'm pretty picky!  I'm just not sure what to do.  Do I need to have a chat with the photographer about the quality and my thoughts, do I stop stressing and tell myself it will all be okay, or do I look into other photographers this late in the game?  Our wedding is November 28 of this year and our budget is at a max of $2000.00 for a photographer.  Any advice would be great!Thanks girls!

Re: Second guessing myself and need some help...

• edited December 2011
    at least for me... photography's not a decision that I want to regret later. So I would start by talking to the current photographer. If are uncomfortable after that then maybe look into someone else...but I guess it would depend on deposits and your contract.
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say some of their photos look amazing and others look like you could have taken them yourself, are you looking just at photos that are on your photographers website or are you looking at an entire album of one wedding? I felt the same way while looking at different photographers and then I realized that what you see on the website is their very best shots from multiple weddings. When you look at an album all from one wedding, you see their best shots plus everything else. Not every shot will be breathtaking. And some of the shots may be shots that were requested by the bride and groom. Anyways, I don't know if that helps at all, but I found myself thinking the same thing you did and then came to that realization. I agree with the PP though. Talk to your photographer and make sure you are on the same path as far as photo inspiration goes. Your photographs are the memories of your wedding that will last forever.
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked at their website as well as photos from two of my friends.  One of my friends pictures are amazing while the others are not the greatest.  Thanks for the help! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards