Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Suburban Bridal--What do you think?

What do you think about Suburban Bridal?  I see mixed (mostly negative) reviews on google.  I found a dress I liked (an "exclusive" from their store). 

Re: Suburban Bridal--What do you think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went shopping there and had a fine experience. I was helped by Maryam. We went late friday morning and it wasn't that busy. I was expecting poor customer service and was pleasantly surprised. I ended up buying my dress there. Certainly don't rule it out, but see for yourself.
  • Options
    lindy.linderlindy.linder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress through them. It was THE dress. Here has been my experience so far.First visit: it was a saturday. we had been to several other places and so we did not have an appointment (like the recommend). We were able to come in and look at dresses. A girl named Heather helped me out. She was the best dress pinner I have encountered (I've been to 6 stores). We looked at a variety of dresses she also made some good suggestions. One downside no pictures are allowed. That kinda sucked. I had them put down 3 dresses I liked. I come home (I'm from out of town) to find a card from Heather thanking me for considering them and so on. I was impressed.I went back several more times with out an appointment just to try on my favorite dress because I was super worried about making the wrong choice. They were nice and helpful each time.When I made my final decision they wrote out everything I needed to know and then some. They offered me a discounted package which would have been nice had I wanted all the things they offered (it was however a ONE DAY ONLY deal which is kinda lame but I understand they want you to guarentee more money to them up front)One potentially annoying thing was they didn't have a tentative date for my dress arrival when I placed the order. I am calling them tomorrow to see if they have it (its been a month and they said give it a month or two).Overall it was one of the best boutiques I was in (clean, curtious, attentive but not over bearing). I personaly feel that if it's THE dress then go for it. For the record I do NOT think I will be getting my tailoring done with them (I am guessing I will find cheaper places)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone can have a different experience anywhere, but I personally didn't have a great one there. That being said, if it is the dress of your dreams, and that is the only place you can get it, do what you have to to get the dress you want. I know we all ask each other's opinions so much on these boards, but I have had some completely diff experiences than some people, every shop, every visit is different. I have heard of women who got their dresses there no muss, no fuss, a.nd everything went as planned. And then I have heard about women not getting their dress at all, because it wouldn't or didn't ship (this is actually happening to my good friend right now). But I have heard these same things about almost every bridal shop in town. Go with your gut
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last year was in my bff wedding. We went there to rty on BM dresses. I think I got the lady who rolled outta bed on the wrong side that morning. She acted like we were a big waste of HER time. Due to that fact we / bride decided we were not giving them our business. Now that I am getting married I did not even bother to walk in the store. ( went through B Traditions love them)I am happy however that all the other ladies have had good experiences that way in the future I can pass this along to any of my other friends getting hitched!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mimi_8228mimi_8228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Suburban Bridal and so is my sister for her dress.  I ordered mine last December and still have not yet received it, but my wedding is not until next June.  My sister ordered hers at the same time and she got hers about a month ago.  I had a pleasant experience.  I think I had Heather who helped me and I do have to say she had me out of one dress and in another and pinned in less than a minute! I think you just need to go there with an open mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've helped several sorority sisters and my own sister pick out dresses there.  There is a red head and another who, as mentioned above, act as if you are an inconvenience.  I believe that one of them was the owner. I went to look and had the sweetest gal!  I went on a rainy Sunday afternoon and it was just perfect she was so sweet and helpful.  SHe also sent a thank you, can't remember her name - recently married and is a teacher. I think it is perfectly okay to say to a grouchy person, "Hey it seems to me that you are having a bad day.  I'd be happy to work with another associate if you would prefer." Everyone has a bad day, some more than others, but this industry should understand the importance of dress shopping and likewise the stress.  So, if it isn't going your way just ask point blank for what you are hoping for, if they aren't willing be be helpful with those things within their control then you can control your experience by asking for what you want or going elsewhere. Overall, outside of attitude issues from their staff in teh past, they are professional and have good products.  Enjoy!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience at Suburban! I got my dream dress there! When we place the order, they told us the veil would arrive in 3-4 months and the dress would arrive in 6-8 months. The dress arrived in less than 3 months and the veil arrived right around 3 months! I couldn't have asked for more :)
    K Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read some bad reviews too and my sister has heard bad things about them but I went in and they were great! I went in THREE different times to try on my favoritve dresses and everytime they were very helpful. There was an older lady with red short hair and she was rude but everyone else was great!! I ordered my dress from there and so did my sister and so far we havent received our dresses but my experience was great!!! Very helpful. Bad thing you can't take pictures!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there twice to look at dresses...and the one girl didnt know her dress lingo...the other time though the girl I got was great..so like someone else said honestly I think with any business can be real hit or miss...I didnt end up getting a dress there because I didnt find THE dress in my price range...I ended up going to Bridal traditions and found THE dress after trying on just 3 from them. The gal only pulled things in my price range..suburban pulled some a little above what I had told them..and this lady got what I was talking about! So I really loved them..and they had BM and flower girl dresses to match. I also love the mirrors there too...lol...I know sounds corny but I love how you arent in front of one big mirror your sharing with other brides..so its a little more private and you can focus on you. The dressing rooms are large and have a podium in them and they have a robe for you to wear right there....its a nice place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with other girls, it depends on who you work with how your service will be. With that being said let me share that Suburban cuts the tags out of all their "exclusive" dresses and does not allow photos in store to make you believe you need to buy there. The woman who helped me was Marilou, she is part of the management there. I asked about alterations on one dress I liked advising that I was having a surgery soon and would lose a decent amount of weight and she asked me in front of everyone if I was having my breasts done! I said no, jaw surgery....but was disgusted that she would even say that in a shop like that. To top it all off upon leaving after having a horrible time, one foot out the door she hollers to me that I should know that she gave me over an hour of her time and thats all she normally gives brides. Like thats supposed to get me to rush back and buy???
    Aside from my personal experience....you can do better for dress selection. Make sure you at least give Bridal Traditions a try. No lie, I went there the next day for the first time and told the gal helping me I had a bad experience at Suburban and she said the hear it all the time...a girl came into the shop crying not 5 minutes later with her mother demanding that if she looked there she wanted someone to treat her daughter decently as we all deserve and guess where they had just come straight from...SUBURBAN! 
    I ended up getting my dress at Ellyne in Lincoln, its a trip but Lynn is the owner and I would promise my life that she will give you better service that anyone in Omaha hands down. I was there just last weekend for my first fitting and I firs hand saw her give a 2600 paloma blanca to a girl for 600 because she tried it on and fell in love and cried cause it was so her. The girl had a 1,000 budget and needed alterations. Lynn loves her brides and will work with you to get you the dress of your dreams. I found my Jim Hjelm there normally 2800 and got it for 850.Sorry for the long post...but I never post and I feel very strongly about this issue. Good luck wherever you go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you truly go somewhere and they say no photos...we all have camera phones ladies! Ask your friend, mom sister or whatever to help you try on the gown in the room and have them snap one...we were sneaky at suburban...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards