Nebraska-Omaha

Need Omaha referrals!

My fiance is from Omaha, I am not.  We both live in the D.C. metro and are having the wedding in Omaha, so all the planning is long distance.  Since he has no idea about any of this stuff, I'm looking for a good photographer, hair sytlist, and makeup artist for the wedding in Omaha.  Please help!!!

Laughing

First Date: March 10, 2007
Engaged: August 21, 2010
Wedding: June 4, 2011

Re: Need Omaha referrals!

• lkjacobs9lkjacobs9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lane photography does great work. A little pricey, but you won't be disappointed!!!
  • lisa5556817lisa5556817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie D at Euforia Salon is great with hair!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_need-omaha-referrals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:894a9024-1f01-4ac4-89b6-f4fc9280c5c6Post:160e85bd-08b1-4564-9476-9bda96578fa4">Re: Need Omaha referrals!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had Anthony Gaines Photography. Loved my pics. I also really like Iconic photography. Hair and makeup I had a lady named Marcia do it. She is a wedding planner too if you need help. She did a wonderful job on mine and bm hair. <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#</a> !/pages/Omaha-NE/Your-Perfect-Day-Planning/144977358866203
    Posted by LindsaymR[/QUOTE]

Did you look at multiple people for hair and makeup before finding Marcia?  If so, what made you choose her?

First Date: March 10, 2007
    Engaged: August 21, 2010
    Wedding: June 4, 2011
  • mallen34mallen34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography: We used Makarios Photography. Its a husband and wife team. They've done our engagement pictures, family/child pictures and our wedding pictures. They do great work, and everyone comments on how good our pictures are. They are reasonable price wise too. The easiest way to look them up on Facebook, but I think they have a website as well.

Hair: I went to the Hair Market Salon for my bridesmaids and I. I also go there to get my hair cut and colored. Hilda did my hair and she is amazing. My hair was perfect all day/night. Sarah and Liz did my bridesmaids hair, and they looked beautiful. All of the girls at the salon are really nice and the prices were good too.

Makeup: I had Christine Danderand with Blush Artistry do the makeup for my bridesmaids and I. She is fantastic. She did two trials for me, to make sure I got the perfect look. Then on my wedding day she recreated the look that I loved so much. My bridesmaids looked beautiful and the makeup held up all day/night. She does airbrush foundation as well, so you feel like you're hardly wearing makeup, plus its hypoallergenic. She is a little more expensive than getting your makeup done at a salon, but she is definitely worth it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For photographer: I would definitely recommend Nathan with 40 Nights Photography.  He's out of Lincoln, but will travel to Omaha with no extra charge.  He does AMAZING work at a very reasonable price!!!  He has great turnaround, we had all our engagement photos a week after we took them.  http://www.40nightscreative.com
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Photography: We used Bradley Jensen (www.bradleyjensen.com). He's AMAZING to work with, and our engagement and wedding pictures were terrific!

Hair & Make-up: I go to M. Constantino Salon out on 178th and Pacific for hair anyway, and LOVE my hairstylist, so I figured she should be the one to do my wedding hair, too! I had my hair done by Missy, and my make-up done by Kristina. My bridesmaids, mom, and grandma also had their hair done the morning of the wedding by other hairstylists at the salon, and we received so many compliments. My hair and make-up stayed all day! WHEW! :o)

Good luck!!

• edited December 2011
    We used Lani at Allure Photographic and she was so fun and just really easy to work with. She kept everything in order and kept me from losing my mind. She was helpful when she wasn't shooting, too. She helped pin on flowers and hold my dress for a minute when I was getting ready but she didn't miss a single moment. Their prices are pretty good and she is with you the whole day. I just used her but they have two photographers, too. Here is her info if you want it.
    www.allurephotographic.com

Garbo's Salon in Village Pointe. They are awesome. They use Aveda products and the makeup was perfect for my skin. They knew just what to use and the right colors I was looking for.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_need-omaha-referrals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:894a9024-1f01-4ac4-89b6-f4fc9280c5c6Post:0c88c3d5-93f8-4540-b4c1-55e4ef5913ee">Re: Need Omaha referrals!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need Omaha referrals! : Did you look at multiple people for hair and makeup before finding Marcia?  If so, what made you choose her?
    Posted by kelclsub[/QUOTE]

Ditto Marcia for hair and makeup.  I got a few other quotes and she was the most reasonable.  She and the rest of the crew did a great job on my makeup and the bridesmaids hair and makeup!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And photography, I've heard good things about Iconic Photography.  I wouldn't recommend mine (Bill Norton).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    videographer: http://www.visualitiesvideography.com/

Great prices & GREAT videographer.
  • hhabr15hhabr15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Freelance makeup artist Holly H. has low prices and focuses solely on bridal makeup artistry. She also travels a bunch for weddings so get in contact with her asap!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards