Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Parent Gifts

Do you guys have any creative ideas for wedding gifts for the parents? I want something for them together but something creative. I was also wondering if you have any ideas for gifts for our pastor and for ushers. Thanks!

Re: Parent Gifts

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our parents each a smaller version of our wedding album and wrote thank you's that we gave at the RD.  They really liked that.

The pastor we paid so we didn't do a thank you gift.

The ushers were two of my cousins and brother (all HS age).  My brother was given two movies to finish off his set of something and my cousins were given a hydro car kit thing (which they loved).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Parents gifts are tough, and im stuck on that too!  : )  We are giving our ushers a nice bottle champagne at the RD though! good luck!
  • Options
    RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The FI and I haven't decided yet what to give but we are leaning towards a gift certificate to the photographer's site to buy whatever pictures they want.  We'll see.  It's really hard to decide - our parents gave us so much throughout the years that any gift doesn't seem big enough :)
  • Options
    Mascarello143Mascarello143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine suggested doing "Family Tree Blankets" - which I thought was a really cool idea! My parents aren't into going out to dinner, and they won't really care to have an album from the wedding either (my brother and his wife did that and they never look at it...) so I'm having a hard time with the gift as well. The family tree blanket would work for my fiances parents, but my family is too big to fit on it! :) Maybe yours would?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards