Nebraska-Omaha

Where to get a dress

For all future bride's out there who are looking for a dress, your best bet would be to stay away from Bridal Details if you are planning on ordering your dress and not purchasing off the rack!  I ordered my dress in January (my wedding is next week) and as of August, I was told, "You still have time, it will be here."  I finally got my dress after 7 and a half months (was promised it would only be 6 months).  I made a call to the designer who would not give me any other information but "no longer than 12 to 14 weeks once ordered".  I was way past the 14 weeks!  I have spoken to several other people who have ordered from the designer and everyone has had their dress by that 14 weeks!  Funny, mine was twice that long.  I only received 4 of 6 bridesmaids dresses a week later because I called 7 Can Help.  Well they called the store and that was all they would do, no story to help warn other brides!  Supposedly my other two dresses didn't arrive due to designer error....which I really am doubting!  I finally got one of the last two dresses today only because I threatened a lawyer.  She told my fiance, "I don't know if I will have the money to get the dress today, and I don't know if I will have it tomorrow either."  She owed UPS $350.20 on a $177.73 dress!   She has given us a run around and keeps telling us she doesn't know when the last dress will be but now all the sudden, it will be delivered to the UPS hub tomorrow and she will pick it up at lunchtime!  I am only praying because this dress was ordered in a size 8 when my bridesmaid sized in a 10 in one measurment and 8 in all others.  Bridal Details is definitely having monetary issues and you may be left without a dress if you decide to order from there! 

Re: Where to get a dress

• edited December 2011
    Are you the one that was asking for anyone that had issues with them on Craigslist? lol I e-mailed back regarding my experience with them. AWEFUL people! The "manager" (female) said one dress made my "ass look flabby and like it dragged the ground!" Um, I'm 5'0 and maybe 105ish...I have no ass, honey! Then they refused to allow me to try a dress on that my mom requested bc "it wouldn't look good on me." And THEN the lady that was "helping me try on" (it took her HOURS and I only tried like 6 dresses..she didn't know what the hell she was doing) was constantly talking about her uncoming wedding, crazy family, and fiance, never asking me about mine! Oh, and yes, they're dresses are WAY overpriced. We matched the prices and they were double, if not triple sometimes. Oh, and I got an e-mail from them a while back saying that a bunch of designers that use laborers in China were increasing their prices in one week, so we'd better buy now!!! Well, I researched that...called around. Nobody else had heard that. I ordered my dress a monthish later and the price had not increased. What a bunch of losers!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Creepy931: I'm so sorry you're having such difficulties with your dress!  HUGS!  Stay positive, and I'm sure everything will work out and be absolutely gorgeous for your wedding next week.

rachjim: I had gotten that email a while back too about the labor increases, etc.  I too haven't heard anyone else mention this situation.  They're probably just covering up for their lack of knowledge, experience, and customer service. 

I ended up going to Nebraska Bridal Outlet in Wahoo.  The ladies there were super helpful, friendly, and really knowledgable about their gowns.  I ordered my dress the end of July and was told to expect it in in 90 days.  Well, two days ago I got the call saying it was in after only 2 monhts.
    imageAnniversary
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Redeyes, I just went there Saturday and got my dress! I wasn't expecting too much before going as I didn't find many reviews on them, and with all the dresses being under $300...ya know, just wasn't expecting much. Went in there...BEAUTIFUL gowns! I'm so happy with my dress! I would definitely reccommend that everyone check them out. They're not too far off the beaten path, and with the prices and gown selection...they just can't be beat =]
  • edited December 2011
    Just an update girls.  I finally got all my bridesmaid's dresses after threatening to get a lawyer and asking her to cancel my order as I found other places to help me out.  Funny how she came up with the money and a vehicle to go get the dresses when told to cancel and refund us!  Anyway, one of my dresses was to be a size 8.  The bridesmaid measured into a size 10, they ordered her an 8 the first time around (if they really did order it), but when I got it on Friday....it was a 16w!  Literally they can take the back off the dress and sew it together!!!!  Bridal Details have no clue what they are doing!
  • edited December 2011
    Chastity08:  I'm so glad you had as good an experience as I did with Nebraska Bridal Outlet!  Your dress is gorgeous!
    imageAnniversary
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad I went there!

And I'm so sorry to hear about your guys' experience at Bridal Details. I've heard horror stories from that place as well from others, so I had planned on staying far far away. lol
  • edited December 2011
    I say we call the media and get them shut down! lol
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I have called the media and no one will do anything to help out because we have gotten the dresses.  I didn't know how else to get the bad word out there on them.  I know for a fact that she has borrowed money to open a new business and the checks for that business have bounced.  Don't want anyone else to have to worry about getting the dress if it is special ordered.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so terrible!!!  I can't believe they can run a business that way!  I will tell anyone I know who's getting married to STAY AWAY FROM BRIDAL DETAILS!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Shelly062012Shelly062012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny thing I went to bridal details, We had a huge group of people with us. I worked with Margie the owner personally. I had heard terrible things about them too and wanted to see for myself. Margie was so sweet and took personal attention in working with me even though we didn't have an appointment.

I went back on 3 separate occasions and never felt pressured to buy my dress. I ended up finding the dress of my dreams and actually priced other dresses that looked simular. I found that the dress that I purchased was actually priced well within the same price range as other retailers which carried the same line.

Her husband isn't rarely at the business any longer from my understanding and have actually gotten to know them both pretty well since I purchased my dress 3 months ago.

I did order my dress and was so happy when I got the call last week that my dress had arrived as we weren't even expecting it until March or April.

All I can say is that people are quick to judge just by one persons experience and it sounds like to me they just went through a rough period earlier this year as many businesses did and have in the past.  Bridal Shops work with many people and you can not please everyone.

I guess my best advise is to experience the place for yourself you might be pleasantly surprised as I was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards