Nebraska-Omaha

Uplighting

anyone doing uplighting at their reception? We are looking at TMS but I'm curious if others are doing it, who you went with, and what you were quoted. Thanks!! :)

Re: Uplighting

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using TMS. We are lighting the whole room (Legacy Hall) for $750 =]
  • edited December 2011
    Great!!! We were thinking of going with them, too, but I was nervous about their pricing! $750 is not bad at all!!!!
  • wishonastar01wishonastar01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dustin with Creating Atmosphere is doing mine.  I am waiting on my invoice with the new total (we changed some items) but if I remember correctly it was $250-$300. The fabric we are using is what we changed/added. I can check for you further if you want.
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking into Creative Atmosphere for help with centerpieces/flowers-- I had no idea he did lighting, too. Does he charge by hour or is there a flat fee??
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on what he quoted, it was just a flat fee.  If you are thinking of having Creating Atmosphere do your flowers, then I would just roll your lighting into it.  When he added that to mine, I think it allowed him to do some things with the flowers, centerpieces, and candles so they would all coordinate together.  His ideas are really awesome and I really love that he is really willing to work with your budget.

Jill

ETA -- he does rent the lighting equipment from somewhere, but because he can put it up you avoid that company's cost.  That's the part I love.  Also, he then picks out the fabric/screen that you use.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, great! We've been emailing so I am hoping I'll get to meet with him and see what we can do. I'm not sure about a budget for this, so hopefully he can help me figure out what to do for it!! 
  • edited December 2011
    AND I just noticed we have the same wedding date! :-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cool on the wedding date!  I know we are 400 days which will go quickly, but I wish it was soon. =)  We had everything pretty much planned by this January.  The nice thing it has been a really relaxed process, the downside is now the waiting game to the day.

If you want to pm me or email me, I can give you specifics about what we are getting and budget to give you an idea. My email is wishonastar01 at gmail dot com. Dustin is awesome to meet with because his ideas just flow!

Best of luck in planning. It will be here before you know it!
      Jill
  • I can't find him when I search google, so I wonder if he is not in business anymore.  I e-mailed at the gmail address and haven't heard back.  I hope I am wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards