Nebraska-Omaha

Rehearsal Dinner Attire

I have been trying to find information as to what kind of dress code to have for our rehearsal dinner on the 13th of March. It will be in the evening at Spaghetti Works in downtown Omaha. We're getting married at the Paxton Ballroom in downtown, so decided to do the dinner there immediately following the rehearsal. I don't want to be too dressed up, but don't want a casual rehearsal either. I have a pretty knee-length one shoulder cocktail dress I was thinking about wearing, but don't want to be over-dressed. What do you all out there think?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Attire

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your RD, wear whatever dress you feel best in! I don't think a knee length cocktail dress is overdressing. 

I wore a white knee length dress to mine, the girls wore a variety of stuff, and the boys (including DH) wore jeans and it worked out fine.  I didn't feel overdressed and everybody was comfortable. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - wear whatever you like!  I wore a knee-length dress to our rehearsal and dinner.  DH wore white shorts and a polo.  The BMs wore dresses and most of the GMs wore khaki shorts or jeans and polos.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes its your RD so if you want to be fancy go all out..if youd prefer to be more comfortable then do it! Its what you and your groom want and what you think works best for you. I have seen it many ways and no matter which way you go it will still be a very special night!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a pair of white linen crop dress pants from Ann Taylor with a silk shirt and strappy heels. I loved the pants when I found them and decided this would be my RD outfit. Wear what you like and what you are comfortable in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards