Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Photo Booths

Hello everyone! 

I just received my quote from Joes and cannot part with the money to hire them.  However, I love the idea.  Does anyone know of other photo booth companies which charge less?

Thank you!
Melanie

Re: Photo Booths

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What we are doing is the same concept, but we are doing it ourselves, which will be much cheaper.  Our reception is in the barn.  When guests arrive one of our two guestbook attendants will take photos of the guests with my camera.  We will have a few silly props for them to pose with (boah, hat, etc.).  I am going to develop the pics on SnapFish.com for only $.09 each for a 4x6.  We will also print our guests a copy of their pic since they are so cheap and put it in their thank you.  The pic of our keeping is going to go into the guest book which is just a scrapbook.  Also, the guests are going to write a wish for us on a small card, which will get put in the guest book with their picture; they will sign their names to the card of course so that we know who was there and what they wish for us.  That's just an alternative idea for you.
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was the quote from Joe's?  We have been thinking about doing this...I guess I thought I would ask because if it's too much, then maybe we should just forget about the idea.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're using Mobile Photo Wall - http://www.mobilephotowall.com/ - Like a photo booth but with a different twist, more people can be in the pictures. I've been to a wedding were this was used and it was a big hit!

Not sure how much the quote from Joe's was, so this might be too much too?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea on the diy photos!

For 3 hours, my quote was $995.  Perhaps that fits a lot of budgets; however, it does not fit mine.  :kickcan:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Joe's Photobooth at my wedding and it was $1200 for 4 hours, HOWEVER, I went to a bridal show and got 2 free hours so it was $1200 for 6 hours, which I thougth was reasonable.

I was very happy with the results and our scrapbook is honestly the best memento we have because our guests wrote personalized messages that got funnier throughout the night.

I know it's expensive, but honestly, if you can afford it, DO IT!  Also, try checking with your photographer. A lot of photographers setup these makeshift photobooths nowadays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI has a friend in DSM who just purchased one to use for her wedding and we are renting it from her for ours... If you private message me your number I can get a hold of her and have her contact you :)
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • Options
    Sing4joy77Sing4joy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I have a friend who is getting married in August and she got a photo booth from Select Entertianment of Iowa for 695.00 for 2 hours and its 100.00 each additonal hour. They are giving her a photo guest book where the guests sign next to thier pictures. She also gets a disc in about a week after with ALL the picsof the night. It also comes with a attendant who helps the guests as they take the pics and help them sign the book....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards