Iowa-Des Moines

Recessional Song Help

I need a Recessional Song that can be played by a piano. The traditional is ok but I would like something different if possible. Any ideas? Programs due Wednesday.  Thanks

Re: Recessional Song Help

• edited December 2011
    What style are you after?  Classical?  Contemporary?  R&B?  :-P  FWIW, our string quartet is going to play a song by Handel, with a French title.  I can't for the life of me remember what it's called, though.  They're supposed to get back to me with the title soon, so I can put it in the programs.
  • edited December 2011
    We definitely are more contemporary....
  • edited December 2011
    We are using a song by Jack Johnson (Better Together) It is contemporary. However; it is better suited for just being played on CD, because of the acustic sound the song has. Maybe look at some classics (elvis, Righteous brothers, etc) You can usually find most of that on piano sheet and it has good sound.My other suggestion is to make a list of favorites, maybe listen to a few, then determine which could be played on piano without loosing sound (like violin, acustic, etc). I would also determine how easy it is to find the music. I am not finding one of mine right now.GL. Sky is the limit on music choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards