Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Review #2

ALTERATIONS: Holly Easton & Alan Ray - mixed
I started with Holly Easton because of some good reviews here on the Knot.  Unfortunately, since those reviews, Holly went from only doing alterations to working a full time job and trying to do alterations.  She was super sweet but I think she was overwhelmed.  After 5 fittings and the dresses still not fitting correctly, we took the dresses to Alan Ray and begged him to bail me out 3 weeks before my wedding.  Alan Ray pretty much had to rebuild my dress and he salvaged it was much as he could.  He made it beautiful again.  Therefore I am forever indebted to Alan Ray and his staff.  They didn't have to help me out but I'm so glad they did.

CEREMONY/COCKTAIL HOUR MUSIC: Harpist Mariam Webster? and Flutist - A+++++
These two ladies were great.  Miriam is very organized and was very easy to communicate with.  She really worked with us to help us pick the music and even learned "My Old Kentucky Home" for our Kentucky Derby themed cocktail hour.  Really sweet and super professional.  Great musicians.

CAKE: The Cake Studio - A++++++
Aside from my dress, cake was the most important thing to me.  I tried 11 different cake vendors to find the exact combination I wanted (sweet but not too sweet icing; super moist and delicious cake; fresh fillings). Katie was sometimes difficult to communicate with, but she was the only one who fit my taste criteria.  And her cake was delicious!!! I received so many compliments on the cake.  I was glad I ordered extra because so many guests ate 1 of each of the 3 flavors.  I'm already begging for more. 

FLOWERS: Mikelle - A-
Mikelle is a great florist.  She was pricier than every other florist I looked at and came in over the budget we gave her.  But I liked that she comes to the venue and puts everything together on site so that it is as fresh as possible and she can change things if necessary.  She worked most of the day doing my flowers.  I think she and my mom (and, therefore, me) clashed personalities a bit, but she was ultimately professional and did a good job. 

Re: Vendor Review #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards