Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Help - Dress cleaning

Hi Ladies! Well, its 3 months past the wedding, and I'm a lazy bum who hasn't cleaned her dress yet. I was wondering if any of you had any advise regarding a dry cleaning issue. My dress is silk, and when I brought my dress in to be cleaned, I was told I would have to sign a waiver in order for them to send it out. This waiver basically said that the dry cleaner would not be held responsible. I was not comfortable with singing this, and declined to do so for the time being. Is this a fairly common practice? I'm def not familiar with extensive dry cleaning, but I was not comfortable signing that form, and sending my very expensive dress off. THoughts? Ideas? Dry cleaning suggestions?Thanks ladies!

Re: Help - Dress cleaning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had my dress cleaned yet, but I know/think that it's pretty common practice to have people sign waivers for wedding dresses or formal gowns that are silk, sequined, or beaded.
  • Options
    11.29.0811.29.08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was in November and I have yet to make a trip to the cleaners.  Oye!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11.29.18/Janelle - we are sooo in the same boat!  I've been married for 10 months and my dress is still chilling out, dirty as hell. angielea - do you plan on selling the dress?  If not, then just go with it.  You can be like us and have a new ancient artifact in the closet!  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards